PDA

View Full Version : Ed: Ben's Jersey Makes a Comeback

stillers4me
04-17-2011, 07:59 AM
Good morning,
Not only has Ben Roethlisberger made a comeback over the past year, so has his jersey. The headlines roared that Troy Polamalu’s jersey as the top seller in the NFL over the past year, from March 31, 2010 until April 1, 2011.

That’s a little surprising considering he is a safety, but not really because of his popularity.

But that wasn’t the big news to me. Bigger was who rested at No. 16 – Ben Roethlisberger. This guy’s jersey wasn’t only NOT being purchased a year ago, many who had them were either burning them or mailing them back to the Steelers with notes of disgust. I even received two kids’ No. 7 jerseys from a parent in North Carolina with a long note why (I washed them and donated them to a charity auction).

From that to No. 16 on the NFL’s jersey sales is quite a climb back. Hines Ward was right behind him at No. 17, giving the Steelers three in the top 20, tying the Cowboys with the most.

Here’s the list: Click here: NFL.com news: Polamalu, Packers top NFL jersey, merchandise sales lists (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f410f2/article/polamalu-packers-top-nfl-jersey-merchandise-sales-lists)

Onto some other stuff:
--- Because of the lockout, this should be the most over-analyzed draft in history. What else do the coaches and GMs have to do? They don’t have to sign free agents or their own players, there are no practices, no players to supervise or even talk to.............

Read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/109311-ed-bens-jersey-makes-a-comeback

steeldevil
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
It will probably be in the top 5 again next year

Craic
04-18-2011, 05:12 AM
You know, I got real tired of the "Ben R." watch last year.

I'm getting just as the tired of the "Ben R. Comeback" watch this year.

Enough people. Let it go. Ben has. For all the harping that's been done about Ben's maturity over the last few years, and I have been one of them, at least it seems he grew up.

These reporters never seem to.

HometownGal
04-18-2011, 06:42 AM
You know, I got real tired of the "Ben R." watch last year.

I'm getting just as the tired of the "Ben R. Comeback" watch this year.

Enough people. Let it go. Ben has. For all the harping that's been done about Ben's maturity over the last few years, and I have been one of them, at least it seems he grew up.

These reporters never seem to.

AMEN Father. :drink:

steelerdude15
04-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Good to see his jersey back in the top twenty.

Moose
04-19-2011, 08:17 AM
I have a Ben's jersey, my daughter used to wear it until she got her WARD jersey. I just couldn't throw away, give away or burn it, so it's hanging in the back of the closet. I just can't find myself destroying a Steeler jersey.....it's unAmerican !