PDA

View Full Version : Doctor: Favre's ankle surgery went well

polamalubeast
06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/96496274.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD 3aPc:_Yyc:aUUI

Doctor: Favre's ankle surgery went well

Brett Favre isn't talking about how the arthroscopic surgery on his left ankle went last month but his doctor is providing some details.

Noted surgeon James Andrews told the Associated Press that Favre's surgery went well and the quarterback has a few more weeks of rehabilitation before he will decide if he will return for a 20th season in the NFL. Andrews, speaking after a luncheon at the Charlotte Touchdown Club on Wednesday, said there were no problems with the procedure which removed scar tissue and bone spurs from Favre's ankle.

"It went fine,'' Andrews told the Associated Press. "He's rehabbing and trying to decide what he's going to do. I talked to him yesterday."

Favre, who will turn 41 in October, is coming off a season in which he threw 33 touchdowns, seven interceptions and helped lead the Vikings to the NFC Championship Game. Favre will make $13 million in the second season of a two-year contract if he returns. The opinion of most is that Favre will return at some point after the Vikings' break training camp in Mankato.

Internally, the belief at Winter Park seems to be that Favre will skip the first two preseason games (at St. Louis and at San Francisco) and then return to play into the third quarter in the third preseason game against Seattle at the Metrodome on Aug. 28.

"We've got a few more weeks of rehabbing," Andrews said. "I think he hasn't decided yet what he wants to do.''

Andrews told the AP it was the third time he operated on Favre. That included the shoulder surgery he performed on Favre's partially torn biceps tendon last spring as well as a procedure on his elbow when Favre was in college at Southern Mississippi. "The elbow was,'' Andrews said, "twenty years ago.''

BuddhaBus
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Here we go again. :dizzy: :decision: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :coffee:

steelpride12
06-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Farves coming back for another season!?!?!?!? Your kidding me OMG!:sarcasm: