PDA

View Full Version : An intriguing visitor

stillers4me
04-12-2011, 07:01 PM
I’m not sure how much significance to place on the 30 visits from out of town college prospects that teams are allowed to host in advance of the draft.

The Steelers brought in center Maurkice Pouncey last year, he blew them away with his football aptitude and they used the 18th overall pick on the former Florida standout.
Worked out OK for them.
A year earlier the Steelers didn’t fly defensive end Ziggy Hood to Pittsburgh for a visit but took him with their first-round pick, No. 32 overall. The reason the Steelers didn’t need to meet with Hood again so close to the draft? They were already sold on him as a player and person.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is that it is best not to read too much into what players the Steelers bring to Pittsburgh.

I will, however, say that serious Steelers fans (is that redundant?) had to be perk up when they read or heard that the team’s first visitor of the week was Baylor defensive tackle Phillip Taylor..............

read more @ http://burgh.us/42f

Psycho Ward 86
04-12-2011, 07:54 PM
Damn would I love Taylor, but I dont see how he gets past the Chiefs.

steelerfan
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM

And if not there, I'm sure the Jets would take him right before us. Of course if KC doesn't take him, and he falls close to 31, the steelers might to a jump over the Jets trade to grab him.

st33lersguy
04-12-2011, 08:15 PM
I wish the Steelers could get Taylor, the Steelers need to come away from this draft with a NT and he is the top of the class

The Duke
04-12-2011, 09:10 PM

Agree

unless the best pass rusher in the draft, Von Miller, falls to them. I doubt they reach for any other pass rusher, so it makes sense for them to fix the one glaring hole in their defense with Taylor

I'd still rather have an NT in round 3. Specifically Ellis

steelerfan
04-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Agree

unless the best pass rusher in the draft, Von Miller, falls to them. I doubt they reach for any other pass rusher, so it makes sense for them to fix the one glaring hole in their defense with Taylor

I'd still rather have an NT in round 3. Specifically Ellis

Ellis won't make it to the third round. Hell he might not even make it to our 2nd round pick.

LLT
04-13-2011, 08:42 AM

I think your right...they have pretty much said that they are going with an offensive or defensive lineman....and Taylor is the missing piece to their 3-4 defense.