PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Marshall LB Mario Harvey on Steelers' radar

LLT
04-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Speedy Marshall LB Mario Harvey on Steelers' radar
by Aaron Wilson
April 12, 2011

Speedy Marshall linebacker Mario Harvey was ultra-productive for the Thundering Herd, posting 420 career tackles.

However, the All-Conference USA selection really boosted his NFL draft prospects with an outstanding 40-yard dash time during his campus Pro Day workout. He ran between 4.42 and 4.46 seconds.

And the 5-foot-11, 250-pounder bench pressed 225 pounds 27 times with a 32 inch vertical leap, a 9-5 broad jump, a 4.19 short shuttle and a 7.13 three-cone drill.

The NFL definitely took notice.

Harvey has visits with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Arizona Cardinals and the Jacksonville Jaguars, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

Read more: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Speedy-Marshall-LB-Mario-Harvey-on-Steelers-radar.html

steelerfan
04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah LLT, I heard some guys on the NFL Network talking about him. Said he is a very active LB. But has been abused in college against the pass, and he tends to out run some tackles. Not a bad idea though cause Pittsburgh will need a ILB soon cause Foote won't be around too long. And Farrior's coming to an end as well. We have Fox, but a little competition is never a bad thing. Thanks for posting the article sir.

LLT
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah LLT, I heard some guys on the NFL Network talking about him. Said he is a very active LB. But has been abused in college against the pass, and he tends to out run some tackles. Not a bad idea though cause Pittsburgh will need a ILB soon cause Foote won't be around too long. And Farrior's coming to an end as well. We have Fox, but a little competition is never a bad thing. Thanks for posting the article sir.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Fox released this year.

Texasteel
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Likely a later round pick and with a year of coaching could turn into a very serviceable ILB for us, which we will need soon. What else can you ask from a late round pick. Interesting name to me.

SteelerFanInStl
04-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Don't forget about Sylvester who played very well as a rookie.

zulater
04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
I wouldnt be surprised to see Fox released this year.

Or drawn and quartered, either works for me. :tongue1:

KeiselPower99
04-12-2011, 04:37 PM
THUMPER!!!!! I really hope we can get Mario.

Psycho Ward 86
04-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Crazy combine numbers, but I guess those negatives steelerfan put up really puts a damper on some things. Where is he projected to go

Psycho Ward 86
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
looking at some footage on him, he doesn't get off his blocks very well

steelerfan
04-12-2011, 05:17 PM
Not withstanding this young man here but, does anyone here think we should look at Greg Lloyd's son in the 7th round ?

LLT
04-12-2011, 05:24 PM
Crazy combine numbers, but I guess those negatives steelerfan put up really puts a damper on some things. Where is he projected to go

7th round-UDFA

More of a Special Teams "thumper" and role player than anything else...doesnt have the height or coverage skills that our system demands from full-time ILB's.

Knowing Tomlin...he might be considering him as a STer and situational FB!!!!

Psycho Ward 86
04-12-2011, 05:38 PM
7th round-UDFA

More of a Special Teams "thumper" and role player than anything else...doesnt have the height or coverage skills that our system demands from full-time ILB's.

Knowing Tomlin...he might be considering him as a STer and situational FB!!!!

Hey now, he has to be 285lb. and a former Defensive Tackle for that to happen :chuckle: