PDA

View Full Version : Since Lbj failed yet again, Kobe is still going...

SteelersinCA
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
and we have no Kobe vs Lebron title game. I thought it would be appropriate to get the best comparison possible, one that was suggested on another forum as a fair comparison of these two players. (And let's face it, this debate is always fun)

Here are LBJ vs Kobe's stat lines through 6 games against the Celtics, courtesy of ESPN.

LBJ through 6 games 42.3 min 51-114 FGM-A Pct. .447 3PTM-A 7-26 Pct. .269 FTM-A 52-70 Pct. .743 Off Reb 1.5 Def Reb 7.8 Total 9.3 Stl 2.17 Blk 1.33 To 4.50 Fouls 2.00 Asts 7.2 Pts 26.8

Kobe through 6 games 40.7 min 60-139 FGM-A Pct. .432 3PTM-A 15-41 Pct. .366 FTM-A 42-45 Pct. .933 Off Reb 1.3 Def Reb 5.5 Total 6.8 Stl 2.33 Blk .83 To 3.83 Fouls 3.83 Asts 4.2 Pts 29.5

Doesn't look to me like Kobe fell off, that and considering he's going for his 5th title.

suitanim
06-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Toss in a Kobe elbow injury and it'd be apples-to-apples...

Seriously, though, LBJ was only of the scoring pace by less than 3 points, and out-rebounded and out-assisted Kobe.

SteelerStrength
06-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Toss in a Kobe elbow injury and it'd be apples-to-apples...

Seriously, though, LBJ was only of the scoring pace by less than 3 points, and out-rebounded and out-assisted Kobe.

You do recall that Kobe is wearing a black cast on his shooting hand, and had his knee drained earlier in this playoff run? However, injuries are part of the game and need not become an excuse. It's always about performing your best, regardless of circumstance.

They both played pretty well vs the C's, except the TO's. The best two players in the game!

SteelersinCA
06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
And don't forget the broken finger on Kobe's shooting hand, and the ankle.

suitanim
06-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Kobe has injuries all the time now...this is the first time I've ever seen LBJ visibly hobbled. For anyone who watches him play regularly it was very evident that he was WAY off his game, and he still posted up respectable numbers (by his standards).

I'm not playing Sisyphus again....Kobe is the greatest ever and yada yada yada....:doh:

SteelersinCA
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
And the 5th title...

GitNoLuv
06-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Perkins goes down for the last two games...LA manages to win em. I think Kobe doesn't have #5 without that key injury to Perkins.

SteelersinCA
06-27-2010, 07:25 PM
We could play would of could of all day with every sport. Injuries are a part of the game, they bite Kobe often.

SteelersinCA
07-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Well this is one debate that can be laid to rest, LBJ proved why he's not even close to MJ or Kobe, welcome to Wade's team pippen.

xX-TSK-Xx
07-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Yeah. I can not see Kobe or Jordan bowing out and basically claimming they arn't good enough to do alone. In my mind a true competitor wants to beat the best and win a title not join the best.

SteelersinCA
07-10-2010, 11:05 AM
I really don't understand LBJ's thought process. He has always said it's about his brand. This completely destroyed not only his brand but his legacy. You can't be the best ever when you aren't even the #1 guy on your team. There is no rational connection between I want to be the best and picking the Heat nor is there any connection to I want my brand to be the biggest and joining the Heat. It's always going to be Wade's team and now people will always say he couldn't do it without Wade and Bosh.

steeldawg
07-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I really don't understand LBJ's thought process. He has always said it's about his brand. This completely destroyed not only his brand but his legacy. You can't be the best ever when you aren't even the #1 guy on your team. There is no rational connection between I want to be the best and picking the Heat nor is there any connection to I want my brand to be the biggest and joining the Heat. It's always going to be Wade's team and now people will always say he couldn't do it without Wade and Bosh.
This was the best move for his brand. Hes 25 and has to catch jordan and kobe who have 6 and 5 rings what other place could he have gone to rattle off a number of rings. This is all about championships and lebrons international appeal. Internationally kobe banks because championships are whats respected Lbj wants that. What kobe makes internationally dwarfs what he makes in us considerably.

SteelersinCA
07-11-2010, 01:04 PM
This was the best move for his brand. Hes 25 and has to catch jordan and kobe who have 6 and 5 rings what other place could he have gone to rattle off a number of rings. This is all about championships and lebrons international appeal. Internationally kobe banks because championships are whats respected Lbj wants that. What kobe makes internationally dwarfs what he makes in us considerably.

I don't know if I agree with you, I've never heard of anyone outside Yao Ming giving two shits what China thinks of them. LBJ alienated a ton of people in the US and he will never be seen as the guy now. How popular can Scottie Pippen v2 be?

SteelersinCA
07-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Here's a clip from MJ, Kobe!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21yiGz3Vgrw