PDA

View Full Version : Agree with Ed Bouchette ?...agree or disagree

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Here is his first Steeler Mock. Maybe some here have seen it already. And for that I am sorry. But I thought I would paste it here, and then agree or disagree with his picks. My responses are in ( ) :rant:

Anyway, here’s the first mock:

Here's my stab in the dark, based on some reading, some basic understanding of the Steelers' roster, and some rank speculation.

Round 1 -- Brandon Harris, CB, Miami -- Some say he doesn't get his head around fast enough and that he didn't pull in enough interceptions during his college career, but this underclassman has the athleticism, fluidity and instincts to be a top corner in the NFL. He excels in man and zone coverage, and he doesn't mind sticking his hat in the pile to tackle.

Agree or disagree: ( I disagree here. First fans, I don't think he will even be there at 31. But even if he was. I feel he is a bit short and Inconsitant at CB at Miami. I think the Steelers address the O-line in round 1. Either a player like Derek Sherrod, or they move up in round 1 to take a higher ranked OT )

Round 2 -- Rahim Moore, S, UCLA -- Though some were disappointed with his slow 40 time at the combine, this kid has the ball skills and confidence to become the ball-hawking free safety that the Steelers have lacked for a long while. Ryan Clark ain't getting any younger, and a talented young safety would be a welcome addition to the defense.

Agree or disagree: (I definitely Disagree here fans. Yes we can use a upgrade over Ryan Clark. But is Ryan really that bad right now ? And Moore in my mind is overrated anyways. Yes he has alot of picks at UCLA. But he is also not that strong physically. Is not a great tackler and looks to avoid contact. Can't believe Ed think's Moore's style is made for Pittsburgh. If the steelers do go O-line or even DB in round 1, they will definitely I think go D-Line here. Kendrick Ellis, or even Jerrell Powe from Ole Miss are possibilities. )

Round 3 -- John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin -- Just an excellent overall guard prospect who has the talent and smarts to compete with Doug Legursky to start at right guard in 2011. He has prototypical size at 6'4" and 319 lbs., while one scout described him as having the "phone booth quickness, mobility and footwork" to be a potential Pro Bowler at guard for years to come.

Agree or disagree: ( Disagree fans! I mean maybe in round 4, but not in the 3rd round. Also, as experienced as Moffitt is. You can't overlook his lack of speed and athleticism. Or his average strength. He just doesn't seem to be the type of
" Road Grader " Guards that we usually like. Nope sorry Ed. I'm gonna say we address CB here with Ohio States, Chimdi Chekwa. A nice size, and Athletic DB from a school we draft alot from. In fact we MAY move up a bit from the bottom of round 3 to grab him. But he is my pick here. )

Round 4 -- Alex Henery, K, Nebraska -- Best kicking prospect in a couple of years, as his accuracy is off the charts (89.5% on field goal attempts for his career, an NCAA record) and his leg strength is excellent (he nailed two 50+ yard kicks in 2010 alone). He could be a big weapon for the Steelers.

Agree or disagree: ( Actually I agree, AND Disagree :yell:. I agree we NEED this kid. But I think he can last til round 5, or at least I hope so! But if Ed's right. And we select him here. Then it means the Steelers are really worried about upping their kicking and punting game. Cause Henery can easily do both, and save a roster spot. But as stated, I disagree with the round. I feel the Steelers here will take yes...another WR. And the pick is.....drum roll please......Terrance Toliver LSU! Word has it that BOTH Tomlin and Colbert attended the LSU pro Day. And I doubt it was to see Patrick Peterson :nono: Not unless we plan on trading Troy to get him. No, Toliver is a nice size, decent speed WR who had a huge Cotton Bowl game. And has nice hands. I think they will address a WR in this draft. Who knows, maybe it will be a guy like Pettis. But I think Toliver is the steelers guy )

Round 5 -- Austin Pettis, WR, Boise St. -- And the Steelers take another shot at that elusive "big receiver" that they can never seem to find. Pettis is 6'3" and a hard worker, so hopefully he can stick.

Agree or disagree: ( See above comments. Like I said, this round I believe it will be the Nebraska kicker Alex Henery. Or at least I hope! So I agree with Ed we should take him. Just a round later then he says we will )

Round 6 -- Anthony Gray, DT/NT, Southern Mississippi -- He worked out for the Steelers in early April and, at 5'11" and 330 lbs., he fits the space-eating mold of Steeler nose tackles in the 3-4.

Agree or disagree: (Well normally I would agree cause I LOVE this little fireplug kid. But truth be told, Gray is at best a late 7th round pick...just so you can guarantee his rights. But more likely a undrafted free agent type. So I disagree. Especially if we do draft either Ellis or Powe. No, I'm gonna have to go for a TE here. Matt Spaeth has been a disappointment for the most part. Now we ALL have had our opinions on TE's in another thread. And even though I DO respect all of them. I'm still gonna have to go with my Boy here, and that's Schuylar Oordt of Northern Iowa! I mean the kids got height, weight, great speed and athleticism, and a great YPC average. Could be a REAL Immediate " Sleeper " for us here. )

Round 7 -- Monte' Simmons, DE/OLB, Kent State -- Ray Jackson, the Steelers' director of player development, went to see Mr. Simmons work out at Kent State. And we all know the Steelers have a little luck with undersized 'backers from that school.

Agree or disagree: Well sorry but I disagree here. I mean Simmons was pretty good for Kent State. And he does have ridiculously long arms. But he is short on height, and not explosive of an Athlete. I know it's a 7th rounder so it don't much matter. But IF I have to give my pick for round 7, I will have to go with....Lazarius Levingston from LSU. The DE is near 6ft, 4 and 295 Lbs. So he has the size to play DE in a 3-4 defense. He also ran UNDER 5 seconds in the 40 Yd dash at Indy, and at his on campus workout. If he does make it to us here, he is a good value selection. Hell, he and my 6th rounder Oordt might swith places. With Levingston going 6th round. And Oordt going in the 7th. Either way, if we draft both, I will be a Happy Camper :horn: :cheer2:

Anyways Steeler fans. Those are Ed's picks, and my comments and picks. What say you ? Thanks

LLT
04-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Actually that is JC Steeles mock draft...in Bouchette's blog.

steelerfan
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Actually that is JC Steeles mock draft...in Bouchette's blog.

Really ? I can't find it, where is it ? Can you post it here please cause I swear I did not look at his. I can't believe we picked the exact same players. That would be weird :-)

LLT
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Really ? I can't find it, where is it ? Can you post it here please cause I swear I did not look at his. I can't believe we picked the exact same players. That would be weird :-)

Its not your fault...Ed didnt acknowledge in his initial article that the draft belonged to JC Steele. He made a correction the next day.