PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Preview By The Numbers: Steelers against the Cleveland Browns

stillers4me
04-07-2011, 08:49 PM
I’m not one to kick a man when he is down, so I will save the “Mistake by the Lake” comments for another time.

Recent History
The history of this rivalry goes back to the 1950s, when the Browns were a dominating team and the Steelers, umm, weren’t.

Recently, however, the Steelers have had the best of this matchup. Pittsburgh is 21-4 against Cleveland since the Browns’ return to the NFL in 1999. You may recall that the original team left Cleveland after the 1995 season to become the Ravens. The Steelers have only lost once to the Browns in their last 16 meetings. That loss, in 2009, was the last of a late-season five-game losing streak that all but ended the Steelers’ chances of defending their sixth Super Bowl win. The Black and Gold made it interesting by winning their last three games, but having lost to all three of their division rivals, as well as the horrible Raiders and Chiefs (strangely, by identical scores) during the streak was the beginning of the end.

Putting that frigid December night more than a year ago in Cleveland aside, it is safe to say the Steelers own the Browns right now............

Read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/04/07/2011-preview-by-the-numbers-steelers-against-the-cleveland-browns/

HometownGal
04-08-2011, 06:42 AM
So - in other words - even though the Browns have improved a bit on offense with the emergence of McCoy, overall they still SUCK. :heh: