PDA

View Full Version : Stirring the Baltimore Pot That Called the Pittsburgh Kettle Black

stillers4me
04-06-2011, 06:28 PM
The following is an open letter to leovidal, a writer for a website called nearbaltimoremd.com. Leovidal remarked on my recent preview of the Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens for the upcoming year.

Dear, leovidal,
Thank you so much for putting me straight concerning my remarks in my article about the Ravens against the Steelers. I’m glad I have readers like you ready to point out my mistakes and short-comings so I can continue to improve as a blogger and as a writer.

Because you seem to be such a charitable person, I wondered if I might ask you a few clarifying questions because I simply don’t understand. I’m sure you get that a lot. Since you are clearly a better writer than any of us poor slobs at Nice Pick, Cowher, I assume you are a much better writer than anyone else.

I can only assume you are working at nearbaltimoremd.com because they offer a better benefits package than the New York Times or the Washington Post. To imagine those rags actually thinking they had a chance to employ someone of your clear talent is almost laughable. I guess you showed them.

You mention that I should “stay classy.” To that end, I would like to emulate the proud citizens of the great city of Baltimore. At the next Steelers game I attend, I will be sure to have half a dozen of my friends get slobbering drunk and pour beer all over a family of four who are not fans of the Steelers. That will teach those children, ages 11 and 13, that they shouldn’t be trying to enjoy a football game and certainly shouldn’t root for the opposing team, won’t it?................

Read the entire letter (:chuckle:) @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/04/04/stirring-the-baltimore-pot-that-called-the-pittsburgh-kettle-black/

43Hitman
04-07-2011, 06:38 AM
that was funny

fansince'76
04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Here are the comments made by "leovidal" that this blog was in response to, for a little added context: http://nearbaltimoremd.com/baltimore/steelersravens-rivalry-from-a-pittsburgh-point-of-view/

solardave
04-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Leovidal. We all know the Ravens are the better team because they have Ray Lewis!!! The best LB to ever play the game!!! He's the reason why every time we play you, you KILL US!!!! LOL.

Is that enough praise?

To be honest these teams are a lot alike except we don't employ murderers and drug dealers (users in our case). Not knowingly and if we find out they're gone. Even if they are above average players. We don't lift them up to the heavens or bow at their bloody feet!!! Big difference I think.

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
That guy has to be Tim Dumber.

tihmtahm
04-09-2011, 10:53 PM
That guy has to be Tim Dumber.

I was thinking the same thing. Leo Vidal is a Limp Timber alias.