PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Top 10 NFL Draft Successes In Kevin Colbert Era: No. 10 - Antonio Brown, 6th

stillers4me
04-05-2011, 05:11 AM
I imagine that this initial selection might be viewed as controversial by some. One thing is undeniable: it's really too early to assess the Steelers 2010 NFL Draft. I mean, it seems plainly obvious that we struck gold with Maurkice Pouncey, who was named to the All Pro Team and the Pro Bowl as a rookie from his center position. After that though, we just don't know. We don't know if Jason Worilds will develop into a solid every-down starter at OLB; we don't know if Emanuel Sanders will materialize into something more than say a Cedrick Wilson type contributor (we do know that Sanders is a great young man and will never have the same type of off-field issues); we don't know if the trio of fifth round picks (Crezdon Butler, Stevenson Sylvester, Chris Scott) will amount to much more than serviceable backups and/or special teams contributors; we don't know if Jonathan Dwyer will ever get an opportunity to prove himself in Pittsburgh, and if he does, whether he'll establish himself as a productive 'back............

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/4/5/2091633/pittsburgh-steelers-top-10-nfl-draft-busts

Psycho Ward 86
04-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Waaaaay too early to say that.

steeldevil
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Waaaaay too early to say that.

Very true. But I had forgotten we took Dwyer in that round too. I don't know about good 6th rounds throughout history but our 2010 6th round COULD end up being a darn good one. I see a lot of potential in Dwyer.

Hopefully so.