PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Preview By The Numbers: Steelers against the Cincinnati Bengals

stillers4me
04-02-2011, 06:57 AM
The trouble with the Bengals is that you are never really sure which team you are going to see.
Are you going to see the “Who Dey” Bengals of the one-and-done playoff teams from 2005 or 2009; or are you going to see the Bungles of 2010, who found a way to finish last in a division that includes the Cleveland Browns? This team has seen more peaks and valleys than a second-year trig student. (Who’s doing trigonometry humor? This guy, that’s who!)

In that way, the Bengals are the anti-Steelers. In the last ten years, the Steelers have won their division six times, finished second once and third three times. The Bengals, on the other hand, have finished atop the division twice, second twice, third three times, fourth twice, and sixth once (when there were still six teams in the division).
In other words, they are all over the place.

In Pittsburgh, rebuilding lasts a year, maybe two. In Cincinnati, rebuilding is a way of life.

And now, there is trouble afoot at the quarterback position as well as a number of high profile free agents who, I’m sure, would love to have a one-way ticket out of the Queen City. (As an aside, who came up with these nicknames? Baltimore is Charm City? Only if your idea of charming is a double murder while selling crack to a 10-year-old. Queen City? I would be embarrassed. I love Pittsburgh’s nicknames: The Steel City. City of Champions. Those are strong. It sounds like if you bust your hump, you might make it. Otherwise, Pittsburgh is going to grind you to a pulp. I don’t know what Pittsburgh’s motto is, but if it isn’t “Put up or shut up” it damn well should be)..............

Read more and watch an awesome video of Troys pick 6 on his ole buddy Carson :chuckle:......... http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/03/31/2011-preview-by-the-numbers-steelers-against-the-cincinnati-bengals/