PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com's Fantasy Rankings

ricardisimo
06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I found this (http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/rankings) to be quite interesting. Rashard is 11th on their "Top-200" list. I mean, I like him, and think he can be that good, but I didn't think the folks at NFL.com would project it.

ALLD
06-15-2010, 06:09 PM
The collective opinion is that the Steelers are going to run the ball lots more especially during the first few games. Since Mendenhall is the starting RB at this time, his ranking reflects that notion.

steeldevil
06-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Ryan Matthews is a little high at #12 in my opinion. Yes he will be the #1 RB on a good regular season team.... haha.... but he is still a rookie and the Chargers are still a passing team.

ricardisimo
06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Ryan Matthews is a little high at #12 in my opinion. Yes he will be the #1 RB on a good regular season team.... haha.... but he is still a rookie and the Chargers are still a passing team.

Ya think? The whole list is a bit screwy. I guess these lists always are. Given that I have no idea if it's for a yardage, scoring, auction or keeper league I probably shouldn't judge too harshly. Still, the number two rusher in the league is thirteenth? Eight TEs are ranked above Ben? I realize he's out for four or more games, but seriously...?

Galax Steeler
06-16-2010, 04:31 AM
I had Mendenhall last year in fantasy and he managed to put up some pretty good numbers and they are expected to grow this year.

solardave
06-16-2010, 05:38 AM
I'll be honest. I don't understand fantasy football. My entire team would be Steelers anyway. I probably wouldn't do to good. I just can't wrap my mind around rooting for anyone who is not a Steeler. They are my Fantasy Team.

steelpride12
06-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Yes I agree. He get's such a high ranking because the Steelers are a high attack run team so him getting 345+ carries a season means he has a higher chance of having good games than RB's who don't run the ball as much on a passing team even though he may be better.

Crow-Magnon
06-16-2010, 06:43 PM
I'll be honest. Until last year I would have agreed with you 100% (except for that Steelers thingie), but last season I finally decided to give fantasy football a shot. And I won every week save two and made it to the Championship Game, where I got my ass handed to me. But I had a blast and I cannot wait to play again this fall. Trust me, I was rooting for the Ravens no matter who on my FF team they were up against that week.

And I had my balls busted for taking Ray Rice as my second pick. Up until Week Two. :toofunny:

Animal Mother
06-17-2010, 07:02 AM
I saw that on the scroll bar last night while watching NFL channel, Mendenhall 11th best overall. But RB's are notorious for going early and he is basically our lone RB which is rare these days. So I can see him racking up some good points which will be good for us!

Hey, don't knock FF until you try it, it really gets you into the rest of the NFL instead of just being focused on the Steelers all season. I mean, that's cool if you want, but you'll really be into all the other games as well so your Sundays will be more interesting.