PDA

View Full Version : Williams or Harris Would Fit the Bill for Steelers

LLT
03-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Williams or Harris Would Fit the Bill for Steelers
Wednesday, 30 March 2011
Written by Ed Bouchette

Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert and some Steelers defensive coaches visited the Texas Longhorns pro workout day in Austin, Tuesday.

Aaron Williams had to be high on their viewing schedule. He and Miami’s Brandon Harris are the most likely corners to be available and worthy of the No. 31 pick.

At 6 feet, Williams is a couple inches taller than Harris. Both are regarded as good in coverage and good enough against the run. Both are aggressive but scouts say Harris is a little more physical. Either would fit the bill.

Forget about Jimmy Smith of Colorado. He has the talent but character issues and attitude are big questions and he might not even be on the Steelers draft board because of them. Smith, in fact, might be hurting the Steelers because if he drops into the second round, one of those other teams that wanted a cornerback might take Harris or Williams ahead of the Steelers.

Read More: http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/108966-ed-williams-or-harris-would-fit-the-bill-for-steelers

Psycho Ward 86
03-30-2011, 05:02 PM
Neither Aaron Williams or Brandon harris seem good enough for our 1st round pick...

Steeldude
04-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Neither Aaron Williams or Brandon harris seem good enough for our 1st round pick...

totally agree. i don't want another chad scott

Devilsdancefloor
04-01-2011, 10:35 AM
i like harris a lot i got to watch him this year and i was impressed.

solardave
04-01-2011, 04:27 PM

I agree it would be a gamble. Maybe 2nd round but they'll both be gone.