PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu on the Steelers Super Bowl Loss to Packers: I’ve watched it in my mind

stillers4me
03-30-2011, 06:21 AM
We’re not in season for the National Football League which means player interviews are typically going to cover a wide range of topics. Obviously the ongoing NFL Lockout is what’s at the forefront of everybody’s mind, but there’s only so much guys know and/or are willing to talk about. That leaves plenty of time to hit on other topics. So I was pleasantly surprised to hear one of my favorite players, Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, talk so candidly to Dan Patrick about a wide variety of subjects. Polamalu is always soft-spoken and measured with his responses. And he is here too. I just found him to be more engaging and interesting than usual. Good stuff.

Polamalu joined The Dan Patrick Show to talk about being down at Minnesota Twins spring training to meet with Joe Mauer, how he’s not taken any batting practice so as not to risk injuring himself further, if his Achilles injury was worse than he perhaps led on going into the Super Bowl, the new rule changes in the NFL, how not including players in major decisions like that is extremely frustrating to him, how he’s replayed the Super Bowl loss to the Packers thousands of times in his mind, how he has a greater appreciation for how hard it is to get to the SB after the challenging 2010 season, who he thinks will be the worst dancer at Ben Roethlisberger’s wedding, and Hines Ward’s debut on Dancing With the Stars..................

Read more @ http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/03/28/troy-polamalu-steelers-super-bowl-xlviii-nfl-lockout-joe-mauer-roethlisberger-wedding-ward-dwts/

HometownGal
03-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Good read Sue - thanks. :drink:

Troy is just so incredibly humble and well-spoken. I didn't agree, however, with some of his comments about the current drama between the owners and players, but all in all, I really enjoyed the interview. :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
03-31-2011, 10:41 AM
“I’ve watched it in my mind thousands of times.”

not alone there...DANNNNNNNMMMMMMMIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butch
03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Love what Troy has to say especially about what we had to face. He mentioned starting the season with a 4th string qb, and the injuries and I bet he also wanted to say something about how we had one player who Go To Hell Godell decided to make the focus of his ire.

I like his point about the rule changes and the players not having any say in what rules changes are implemented. The majority of rule changes and their enforcements have been slanted to certain teams and our team has completely gotten the shit end of the stick.

Go To Hell Godel is the single worst thing to happen to the Steelers and football in general. The only thing I hope for is that he is either out of the league or that the Steelers can shove it in his face with a Lombardi at the end of the seaosn.

That is why this loss is more hurtful than any others.

polamalubeast
03-31-2011, 05:44 PM
I love Troy Polamalu:hug:

Future Hall of Fame!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03: