PDA

View Full Version : Mangini endorses Delhomme, but doesn’t name starter

polamalubeast
06-15-2010, 05:06 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/12/mangini-endorses-delhomme-but-doesnt-name-starter/

Mangini endorses Delhomme, but doesn’t name starter Posted: June 12th, 2010 | Frank Tadych | Tags: Cleveland Browns, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Eric Mangini

Many around the NFL newsroom (and elsewhere) expect Jake Delhomme to be the last man standing in the Browns’ quarterback competition – even if not everyone is convinced it’s the right move — but it’s by no means a certainty. Browns coach Eric Mangini has said as much, refusing to anoint a starter.

But at the final day of minicamp on Saturday, Mangini came as close to naming Delhomme the starter as he could without actually saying Delhomme is the starter.

“We are heading in that direction, but we will go into training camp and see what happens,” Mangini told reporters during a news conference. “On the flip side of that, I think Seneca (Wallace) has done a really nice job as well. I feel good about where Jake is and I feel good about the work he has done with the ones.”

So, maybe it’s Delhomme’s job to lose. Mangini, who said he’ll also get Seneca Wallace work with the first-team, continues to keep the situation open while also not painting himself into a corner. He was later asked why he hasn’t named Delhomme the starter.

“He’s been working with the one’s and were going to work Seneca with the one’s as well,” Mangini explained. “It’s no competitive advantage I’m to keep here. It’s just both those guys are going to work with them and I want to see what happens. It’s not anything other than that, I just want to see how it goes. I really liked what he’s done though. I really have liked a lot what he’s done and I like what Seneca’s done. I just want to see a little bit more before we do that.”

ALLD
06-15-2010, 06:01 PM
You have to have a starting QB in order to name one. Two backups do not equal one starter.

steeldevil
06-15-2010, 07:53 PM
PPPLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE let Delhomo start.... I would love to watch him get destroyed by our defense teice this season...its now popular in NC to hate the guy cuz of his disappointments with the Panthers recently, but I have another reason. Jake had his daughters birthday party at a pottery studio that my girlfriend works at in Charlotte right? So the guy is a freakin millionaire, and do you know how big of a tip he leaves for that party? 10 FREAKIN DOLLARS! I kinda wanted to go meet the guy, but after I heard that i really started to dislike the guy like everyone else. I really hope to see Lamar Woodley throw him to ground a few times this year

Devilsdancefloor
06-15-2010, 09:33 PM
He has to okay it with the walrus first.

The Duke
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
If I were Mangini I wouldn't want to name Delhomme my starter yet, but he will have to at some point with that ridiculous contract

Steelers/Browns game 1: Destroy Delhomme

Steelers/Browns game 2: Destroy Wallace. and hopefully a little bit of McCoy

steelpride12
06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
Well obviously he is at a stalemate here because he just is trying to choose which one he wants our defense to destroy first so he can save the other QB for the rest of the season. Doesn't matter to us which one we kill first.

suitanim
06-16-2010, 09:34 AM
How many NFL QB's confidence can this fool destroy?

vasteeler
06-16-2010, 10:21 AM
i totally forgot he went to cleveland:doh2:.
good luck jake :toofunny:

Psycho Ward 86
06-16-2010, 11:52 AM
What good would it do to single out, support, and endorse one of your QB's and not name him the starter. Fail much?