PDA

View Full Version : Myron Cope and the Fabric of Pittsburgh: The Weaving of a Legacy

stillers4me
03-30-2011, 05:37 AM
"I thought I was going to a Radio Hall of Fame Induction, but somehow, my husband and I ended up at a Pittsburgh Steelers rally!"

When she returned to work that Monday morning November, 2005, ABC Radio White House Correspondent Ann Compton was in high spirits following the weekend's festivities in Chicago. She couldn't wait to tell a Steelers' fan in her office what had happened. "Your friend and your football team really took over the place," she laughed.

Compton, who has covered every President from Nixon to Obama and has been an eyewitness to nearly forty years of history at her post, had just been inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame, along with the recently retired Pittsburgh Steelers color analyst Myron Cope.

She clearly remembers how she learned what every NFL fan already knows: that the Steelers and their fans travel well.

"He was a bundle of energy, ricocheting through the ballroom of the Renaissance Hotel, overlooking the Chicago River. He brought along a large table of friends and fans. There was a towel on every chair in the ballroom, and when he was announced and inducted, everybody in the ballroom started waving their towels."..............

read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/3/30/2080320/myron-cope-and-the-fabric-of-pittsburgh-the-weaving-of-a-legacy

HometownGal
03-30-2011, 08:00 AM
OMG what a phenomenal read! :applaudit: I still miss Myron to this day and know I always will. :tt02: :tt02:

:rip: Myron - we love ya!

crcsnail
03-30-2011, 11:08 AM
wot a great read . being from the uk it took me a while to get used to his voice but now like most steeler fans i miss him and that voice on game days . yoi and double yoi !!!