PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers: Five Things To Watch For On Offense

stillers4me
03-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Of course, all of this is assuming (hoping?) that there is indeed an NFL season in 2011, and one with NFL level talent, and not Shane Falco and company leading the team. Although, the Steelers could benefit from having the offensive line that Footsteps had in the famous movie.

The Steelers offensive unit will start out complete, something that can’t be said for last year’s team. Ben Roethlisberger will not be serving a league mandated suspension and he’ll have a very talented backfield and moreso talented receivers to work with from snap one.

Five things will be in the back of my mind through the course of the season, and here they are:

5. Rashard Mendenhall To Come Out Burning Rubber
After a fumble in the Super Bowl that many fans pointed to when asked why the game was lost, the former Illini back will be chomping at the bit to get on the field and prove that he is indeed better than that. It’s going to be like his second year in the league all over again. And that’s not a bad thing. Steelers players tend to play better when they have a chip on their shoulder.

4. Maurkice Pouncey To Become An Elite NFL Center...............

Read more @ http://www.steelerschronicle.com/2011/03/pittsburgh-steelers-five-things-to-watch-for-on-offense.html/

solardave
03-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Good read. Pouncey (if not this season then next one) will be the best in the game. Wallace should get nothing but better and be the guy Holmes will never be. Hopefully the officials will not stop play just like they look the other way when Ben gets hit late. Time will tell.

Texasteel
03-27-2011, 08:50 AM
Good read. Pouncey (if not this season then next one) will be the best in the game. Wallace should get nothing but better and be the guy Holmes will never be. Hopefully the officials will not stop play just like they look the other way when Ben gets hit late. Time will tell.

I think they forgot one. Ben seemed to find another go to guy as the season went on. Sanders fit in even quicker than I thought he would.

Count Steeler
03-27-2011, 08:56 AM
Keeping a healthy and cohesive OL will be in the back of my mind. If we can have that, then the "skill" players will shine even more.

HometownGal
03-27-2011, 09:53 AM
Keeping a healthy and cohesive OL will be in the back of my mind. If we can have that, then the "skill" players will shine even more.

Spot on. If our OL can stay healthy and work together as a complete unit with Pouncey at the helm, the rest will take care of itself.