PDA

View Full Version : Plan of Attack for the 2011 NFL Draft: Pittsburgh Steelers

stillers4me
03-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Starting with the Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers all the way down to the Carolina Panthers with the first pick, Draftseason will be taking an in depth look at each team. We’ll analyze their needs, we would track free agent losses and gains in a normal year, and then figure out a plan of attack the team will take for the first three rounds of the draft. Keep checking back as new teams will be added daily, and teams will be updated if there ends up being free agency before the Draft............

Read more @ http://www.draftseason.com/plan-of-attack-for-the-2011-nfl-draft-pittsburgh-steelers/

st33lersguy
03-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Apparently this guy does not realize that the steelers have one defensive lineman under the age of 30 and that they need one as much as they need an OLB which is 100% false

7willBheaven
03-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Apparently this guy does not realize that the steelers have one defensive lineman under the age of 30 and that they need one as much as they need an OLB which is 100% false

I do not think the DL is as bad as people think...other than Smith who's days are numbered the rest are doing OK. Casey has been going strong (and Hoke is right there to step in if needed)....Keisel while yes he missed a few games and is over 30...he does NOT have the same wear and tear on his body as Smith...he's only been a starter for probably half as long as Smith (kind of like James Harrison). Eason (if he comes back), same thing. Then you have Ziggy, McLendon and Harris who are all young guys. I would rather spend the first 2 picks on OL/CB...I wouldnt be against getting one of the few good NTs this draft...so Casey can work with them over his last 2 years of his deal. While i trust the Steelers and what they will end up doing...I would just be disappointed if we used the first 2 rounds on DL this year.

86WARD
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
They need to begin building depth on the D but it's not a panic situation like the O-Line or CB positions could be...

7willBheaven
03-27-2011, 04:08 PM
They need to begin building depth on the D but it's not a panic situation like the O-Line or CB positions could be...

Exactly

LLT
03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
I totally agree with you.....but if we get to the bottom of the 1st, we will take the BPA even if its a DE