PDA

View Full Version : With the Initial Butterflies Out of the Way, Hines Ward Ready To Win Dancing With the

stillers4me
03-26-2011, 12:07 PM
So far, so good for Hines Ward and his foray into the world of ballroom dancing. Ward more than held his own in Monday’s series premiere of Dancing With the Stars and is assured to be back for at least another week. Was it a bit weird watching the guy Steelers fans have come to know and love as the league’s most physical wide receiver wearing high-riding tight pants and dancing? Yeah, it was. But there’s no current player as beloved by Steeler Nation as Ward. We’re behind him 100 percent.

Ward joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to talk about his initial reaction to being asked to participate, the great physical exercise that all the practice is, how it’s helping him rehab his knee, how amazingly nervous he was before going on stage, what his teammates had to say to him via text before and after his performance, and how he’s in it to win it now that he’s gotten past the first hurdle.
On his initial reaction when approached to participate on the show:
“You know, I was really just debating about it. It takes a lot of pride to go out there and put your hopes and dreams out there for an audience as far as showcasing your dance skills, which I’ve never danced before. I’ve never done a dance routine, I don’t dance in the end zone if I score a touchdown or anything...............

Read more and listen @ http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2011/03/25/hines-ward-dancing-with-the-stars-pittsbugh-steelers/