PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben’s sister has her own story to tell

stillers4me
03-26-2011, 11:35 AM
She’s gone some 900 miles away to build her own athletic career and become her own woman and yet so many places she goes, Carlee Roethlisberger finds she’s still Big Ben’s little sister.

And depending on the circumstance that can mean a warm, almost fawning embrace or, once in a while, a taunting poke to the sensibilities.

Roethlisberger is a 6-foot-1 starting senior forward for the Oklahoma Sooners women’s basketball team that faces Notre Dame in an NCAA tournament regional semifinal at UD Arena this afternoon.

Since she grew up in Findlay, played AAU ball for the Dayton Lady HoopStars and Ben went to college 50 miles away at Miami University, she’ll have many family members and friends in the crowd today and maybe even her famous — and for a while there, infamous — brother, who is the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback.

And it’s because of him that she’s gotten a roller-coaster reception this year..............

Read more @ http://burgh.us/3qe

stillers4me
03-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Pretty crappy they took it out on her. Idiots.

siss
03-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Well she got the last laugh. And those kids should be ashamed of themselves. I'm glad they lost!

solardave
03-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Good family values stand out in the end. No matter what we do in life we will make mistakes. We will always have moments we wish we had back to do over. It's how we handle these times that proves who and what we really are. This family speaks for itself and ANYONE (be it a fan or foe) who can't see that is missing the boat IMHO!

Godfather
03-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Bummer that the Sooners lost. I always watched their games to see her when they were on and that was probably her last game.