PDA

View Full Version : Latrobe hopes Steelers return for training

stillers4me
03-25-2011, 05:23 AM
Every summer, as many as 20,000 Steelers fans descend on Latrobe for a few weekends, tripling the city's population, to sit on the grass overlooking Rooney Field and watch the players run practice drills and perhaps snag an autograph.

It's an annual tradition that gets Latrobe Area Chamber of Commerce President Andy Stofan excited, particularly when training camp follows a Super Bowl appearance.

"It would have been nice if the Steelers won the Super Bowl, but when they at least make it there, that reflects very well on training camp attendance," Stofan said.

But the NFL lockout has the region surrounding the team's summer home -- St. Vincent College in Unity -- hoping there is a training camp in August, he said.................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/westmoreland/s_729085.html

vader29
03-25-2011, 09:30 AM
I've only started going the last couple of years and love it so much that I plan to go there every year for the rest of my life, hopefully there is a training camp this year to go to.

BnG_Hevn
03-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I lived less than a half mile from St Vincent in '02 - '04. The area gets really busy during training camp. My wife had worked at the local Giant and saw Bettis, Gildon etc as they came in for food stuff.

Carolina Steelers
03-25-2011, 11:12 AM
I was going to attend for the first time this yr, but not sure how this lockout is going to work out maybe pushing training camp back or not even having one. I had to put my vacation in so i decided to attend the fan blitz this yr for the 1st time

stillers4me
03-25-2011, 02:52 PM
I got a new camera and telephoto lens for Christmas. I was soooo looking forward to training camp! Hopefully, I'll have some awesome pictures to share.