PDA

View Full Version : Re-Air 2002 AFC Wild Card Gm Browns Vs Steelers

Carolina Steelers
06-15-2010, 12:48 PM
It comes on NFL Network @ 2pm eastern. If anyone wants to watch it. Great comeback for Tommy Gun

steelpride12
06-15-2010, 12:54 PM
It comes on NFL Network @ 2pm eastern. If anyone wants to watch it. Great comeback for Tommy Gun!

I know I spelled Browns wrong cant edit title.

You beat me to it, I was just gonna post this up. Ill be watching it. A rare good game from the Tommy Gun to win it for our Steelers! And just go to edit and advanced and you can fix your title!

venom
06-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Great come back in this one. The winning touchdown was scored by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala !!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0EShxbTHdIo/SyhUCNSvodI/AAAAAAAACdA/ngJTDxcsC2w/s400/02_Cle3_FuTD.jpg

steelpride12
06-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Just finished watching it. Wow that game gave me chills. I really give it all to Bell who was practically a no go before the game, but played regardless of just going through a high ankle sprain. 8 individual tackles and needed helped off the field at the end. What a trooper!

vader29
06-15-2010, 03:27 PM
I remember I was recording this game and got severely pissed in the second half and ripped out the tape and threw it across the room and then when they came back to win I thought to myself that it would be nice to have this game on tape. :lol:

Chidi29
06-15-2010, 03:57 PM
You beat me to it, I was just gonna post this up. Ill be watching it. A rare good game from the Tommy Gun to win it for our Steelers! And just go to edit and advanced and you can fix your title!

Considering the way the game went for them "Borwns" seems quite fitting.

solardave
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
It was a great comeback but the D looked like last years.

polamalubeast
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM
In 2002, the steelers were very poor defensively.

especially against the pass.

But even when a team was very interresting to watch.

The steelers had a very bad defensive game against the browns.

The offensive coordinator of browns in 2002 was Bruce Arians.:lol::rolleyes2:

The week after, the steelers have a heartbreaking loss against the Titans 34-31 in overtime.:no:

It was the last playoff game without Ben Roethlisberger.

Sacredgrooves
06-15-2010, 04:23 PM
I was able to watch that game with a Browns fan, which is no small feat in Raleigh, NC! I recall being pissed with us throwing that game away, and the Browns fan looks at me serious as can be and said "don't worry, we are the browns and will find a way to lose this game". About that time, we turned the tables...I almost felt bad for the Browns fan but this is just how the universe works. We win, they don't. :violin:

Prok
06-15-2010, 06:11 PM

It's a trend. Damn near all of our down years co-incide with a secondary that can't cover, catch or tackle. Not to mention that 3rd and 10 or longer is damn near guaranteed first down for the other team. lol

I loved the guts Tommy Gun showed in that game. he played well the next week vs the Titans too IIRC. I'll always be thankful to him for bringing us a legitimate passing attack after all those iffy and inconsistant Kordell years.

tube517
06-16-2010, 01:09 AM

CB Chad Scott
CB Dewayne Washington

Enough said

Galax Steeler
06-16-2010, 04:29 AM
Great come back in this one. The winning touchdown was scored by Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala !!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0EShxbTHdIo/SyhUCNSvodI/AAAAAAAACdA/ngJTDxcsC2w/s400/02_Cle3_FuTD.jpg

I didn't get to watch it but the photo brings back some memories.

BlastFurnace
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I loved that game. I remember when I met Tommy's wife at church a couple years after that, I talked to her briefly about that game. She didn't seem to remember it as well as I did though. Tommy wasn't there.

solardave
06-16-2010, 12:12 PM
It's a trend. Damn near all of our down years co-incide with a secondary that can't cover, catch or tackle. Not to mention that 3rd and 10 or longer is damn near guaranteed first down for the other team. lol

I loved the guts Tommy Gun showed in that game. he played well the next week vs the Titans too IIRC. I'll always be thankful to him for bringing us a legitimate passing attack after all those iffy and inconsistant Kordell years.

Yeah Prok, TG was a guy you could root for. He wasn't afraid to sling it around and Hines was in his prime then, not to say he's lost much at least not as a blocker.

BlastFurnace
06-16-2010, 03:23 PM
Yeah Prok, TG was a guy you could root for. He wasn't afraid to sling it around and Hines was in his prime then, not to say he's lost much at least not as a blocker.

I am a big Tommy Maddox fan too. He infuriated me in the Texans and 2005 Jaguars game, but I always enjoyed pulling for him as a person and as a player.

steelpride12
06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I am a big Tommy Maddox fan too. He infuriated me in the Texans and 2005 Jaguars game, but I always enjoyed pulling for him as a person and as a player.
Agreed. I always cheer for a Steeler you can't expect every QB to come through here and win 4 Super Bowls. It was a shame back in 2005 hearing the local stories about trash being left on his lawn after blowing games. Just selfish.

steelerdude15
06-16-2010, 07:42 PM
I remember watching the game as a little kid. I was at the Steelers vs Ravens game (both games that year) the week before in which we won. I can remember them getting all muddy and the Steelers winning. I remember where I was sitting too, weird how some things you can remember so clearly and some you can't.

ShoeHorn
06-19-2010, 11:34 AM
That was a sweet game! The Randle el punt return TD really sticks out along with Fu's game winner. Too bad we had get screwed the next week by Joe Freaking Nedney's acting job!!!

Animal Mother
06-22-2010, 04:45 PM

I hate that when it's 3rd and long and as a fan you are nervous and then the other team converts. I HATE THAT!!!

Nadroj 20
06-22-2010, 05:02 PM
That was a sweet game! The Randle el punt return TD really sticks out along with Fu's game winner. Too bad we had get screwed the next week by Joe Freaking Nedney's acting job!!!

I would have been only 11 at that time, but i remember this vividly....i wasnt happy at all lol