PDA

View Full Version : The most memorable game for the steelers to you?

polamalubeast
03-24-2011, 10:05 AM
It was in order for me.

1.Super bowl XLIII,Steelers vs Cardinals
2.Playoffs 2005,Steelers vs Colts,in RCA DOME
3.Playoffs 2010,Ravens vs steelers,in Heinz field

zulater
03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Probably SB XIII against the Cowboys, which I watched at the Hilton's bar in San Antonio with my brother and then girlfriend amongst a bunch of Cowboy fans. I was in the Air Force then doing tech school at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo Tx. and I went down to San Antonio to visit my brother who was just getting ready to graduate basic. Anyway long story short it was fun winning one in the heart of enemy territory. :chuckle:

Butch
03-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Superbowl XLIII - The game was filled with all the drama and tension a Steeler fan could handle. It was the topping of the cake for a season of stress filled tension games.

75th Anniversary game Steelers vs rats - Hello NFL let me introduce you to James Harrison!!! Sacks, Strip sacks, fumble recovery, interception, laid out Ed Reed, causing the ball to squirt about 20 feet up in the air we recovered. Is there anything James can't do??? Ben avoids a blitz and throws a touchdown pass one of 5 for the 1/2. All the Steelers from the 70's on the sidelines to boot!!! A regular season game just doesn't get any better than this!!!

Superbowl X - Since my birthday is 10/10 Ten has a special significance for me and this game was no exception. The cowboys were the favorites and were compaired to the good guys in white vs. the bad guys (Steelers) in Black. I saw it more as Glitz and Glamore vs. Blue Collar physicallity!!! Swanie had a hell of a day and his juggling catch has been used on countless NFL superbowl films since, and until recently was probably 2nd to the immaculate reception for all time greatest catches.

tube517
03-24-2011, 11:55 AM
1. Super Bowl XIII - Beating Dallas. Battle of champions. Two best teams of the decade. Bradshaw fighting off turnovers and the Dallas defense to get the MVP. Enough said.
2. Super Bowl X (tie) - Beating Dallas. Swann's catches. Enough said/2. Super Bowl XLIII - A drive for the ages. Six.
3. 1990 (89 season) AFC Wild card game vs Houston - Merril Hoge taking over. The Emperor takes a team of nobodies to within one game of the AFCC game.
4. 1995 AFC Championship game vs Indy. Greg Lloyd cussing on national TV. Cowher crying. Spit flying. Capt Comeback Jim Harbaugh nearly giving 55,000 people a heart attack in Three Rivers Stadium.
5. 1980 (79 season) AFC Championship game vs Houston - Mike Renfro's controversial non catch in the end zone. IMHO, the one play (besides the Immaculate Reception) that was the birth of the instant replay.

Carolina Steelers
03-24-2011, 12:08 PM
1. Sept. 7th 2008 vs Texans. My 1st ever trip to Heinz Field to watch the Steelers live me and my wife. No way to describe the feeling i had when i saw my Steelers run from the tunnel right before kickoff.
2. Super Bowl XLIII what a great finish enough said.
3. Jan 5th 2003 vs Browns Tommy gun leads Steelers back from 17 this game for some reason is always on my mind when i think of great Steelers games for me

polamalubeast
03-24-2011, 12:36 PM
In the 1970's, we must not forget the first playoff victory in steelers history, in 1972.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA

AMAZING!....Best play in steelers history!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0111/pg2_g_franco2_300.jpg

XxKnightxX
03-24-2011, 12:38 PM
1.Steelers Vs Colts 2006- My heart stopped that game, the day we shocked the world and got back into the Championship groobe
2.December 7 2008 Steelers Vs Cowboys- Being at Heinz Field on that Freezing day and witnessing that dirty, ugly, defensive game and beating the Cowgirls and knocking them out of the playoffs.
3. Steelers Vs Ravens 2010 AFC divisional- I went from sitting motionless in Heinz Field in my chair to losing my voice and having my ears rining from the noise in less than an hour and coming back to win. Oh man

polamalubeast
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Bears vs Steelers,week 14 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcLNwdzh4Es&feature=related

polamalubeast
03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
2.December 7 2008 Steelers Vs Cowboys- Being at Heinz Field on that Freezing day and witnessing that dirty, ugly, defensive game and beating the Cowgirls and knocking them out of the playoffs.

Amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAbSSaoptk

Joe Buck,Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach dropped there mouths on this play:rofl2:

tube517
03-24-2011, 02:51 PM
They had to bring Staubach to the ER after that play.

Amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvAbSSaoptk

Joe Buck,Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach dropped there mouths on this play:rofl2:

steel striker
03-26-2011, 11:05 AM
For me it was the 2005 divisonal playoff against the colts mainly because, no media person gave us a chance in the world to even be in that game not alone to win it. Plus my heart dropped like every other steeler fan did when Bettis fumbled and, we saw Nick Harper running up the field thankfully Ben was able to save the day. Also of course winning SB43 in the closing minutes with , Ben leading a great drive for that title.

steelerdude15
03-28-2011, 02:14 PM
There's so many to list, but I would have to go with SB XLIII being the most memorable for me.