PDA

View Full Version : Broncos LB Dumervil seeking at least a $65 million contract

polamalubeast
06-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Dumervil is hoping to be among the league's five highest-paid pass rushers. That would mean a multiyear contractworth at least $65 million, with the guaranteed portion about $40 million.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15297749?source=skipframe-www.theredzone.org

Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks last season after moving from DE to a 3-4 OLB, he also recorded 43 sacks overall the past 4 years while making only $2.015 million.

Dumervil deserves a new deal of that amount and the Broncos will be foolish to let him go.

SteelerSal
06-15-2010, 11:51 AM
This is really getting out of control with the money these players are asking.

X-Terminator
06-15-2010, 12:11 PM
This is really getting out of control with the money these players are asking.

The amounts are astronomical, sure, but the players really don't have much choice, because they have little to no security. Their contracts aren't guaranteed, and the team can cut them pretty much whenever they want. Not to mention the fact that they put their bodies through hell for our entertainment. Football players and hockey players deserve to make as much as they can for that reason alone, IMO.

BigNastyDefense
06-15-2010, 12:13 PM
One really good season doesn't mean he deserves that kind of money.

X-Terminator
06-15-2010, 12:19 PM

That, of course, is the underlying point...and I agree. While I have no problem with him asking for the moon and stars, he really should have more than one good season under his belt. James Harrison had 2 great seasons and one DPOY award under his belt before he cashed in.

SteelerSal
06-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Dumervil led the league with 17 sacks last season after moving from DE to a 3-4 OLB, he also recorded 43 sacks overall the past 4 years while making only $2.015 million.

Watched this kid play at UofL. He is everything as advertised now, even back then. Getting a handle on OLB has helped him alot and I would not be surprised if he keeps putting last seasons #'s up.....until the holding bug gets him like it has Harrison. :rant:

xX-TSK-Xx
06-15-2010, 01:02 PM
$40 mil guaranteed? :jaw: That is going to make Woodley's new deal very difficult.

Psycho Ward 86
06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Omfg, The FO better haul ass with giving Woodley a new deal before he decides to pull a Jeff Reed

steelpride12
06-15-2010, 02:08 PM
That, of course, is the underlying point...and I agree. While I have no problem with him asking for the moon and stars, he really should have more than one good season under his belt. James Harrison had 2 great seasons and one DPOY award under his belt before he cashed in.

I agree, one good season should not mean you get paid the money he is looking for. Sure he deserves to be signed, but I would say bye bye in a heart beat if he hold's to his word. He has proved nothing.

Psycho Ward 86
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Slightly off topic, but remember last year when DOOMervil freakin' annhilated Joe Thomas for an entire game? LOL

The Duke
06-16-2010, 08:15 AM
I liked how he began fast as an OLB, but 65 million for him is wayyy too much

Slightly off topic, but remember last year when DOOMervil freakin' annhilated Joe Thomas for an entire game? LOL

Hmm, I gotta watch that game now....

Psycho Ward 86
06-16-2010, 09:56 AM
I liked how he began fast as an OLB, but 65 million for him is wayyy too much

Hmm, I gotta watch that game now....

Turn this on while you watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

Makes it 10X more hilarious