PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers: 5 Under-Contract Veterans Who May Be Gone in 2011

SteelerEmpire
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Every team has players on its roster who can be classified as "on the bubble" either because of emerging youth or declining skills.

Here's a look at five Pittsburgh Steelers who will be in a fight to make the roster this year

LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/642197-pittsburgh-steelers-five-under-contract-on-the-bubble-players-for-2011/page/1

salamander
03-23-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't agree with Byron Leftwich being on that list. I think he is a very capable back-up.

The Duke
03-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't agree with Byron Leftwich being on that list. I think he is a very capable back-up.

Yeah, that was weird

Not even his contract is too big. I can't see both batch AND dixon staying over him. If anything dixon could surpass him, which is still highly unlikely

HometownGal
03-23-2011, 03:08 PM
If the Steelers cut Lefty, I think they need their heads examined. He's a very good backup, knows the system and is younger (and a better QB) than Botch. I believe Charlie is going to be let go and hopefully the Steelers can find a place for him on their staff.

I'd also like to see Randle El stick around because of his double duty role as a QB in those trick plays which have worked pretty well.

If Flo takes a bit of a discount, I think the Steelers should definitely hang on to him. He was "due to hit a brick wall" last season and he played extremely well imho.

I think the author of this article got hold of some bad crack. :der:

salamander
03-23-2011, 03:35 PM
If the Steelers cut Lefty, I think they need their heads examined. He's a very good backup, knows the system and is younger (and a better QB) than Botch. I believe Charlie is going to be let go and hopefully the Steelers can find a place for him on their staff.

I'd also like to see Randle El stick around because of his double duty role as a QB in those trick plays which have worked pretty well.

If Flo takes a bit of a discount, I think the Steelers should definitely hang on to him. He was "due to hit a brick wall" last season and he played extremely well imho.

I think the author of this article got hold of some bad crack. :der:

It's bleacherreport. Would you expect anything different?

HometownGal
03-23-2011, 03:58 PM
It's bleacherreport. Would you expect anything different?

Some of their stuff is fairly good but this article is a tad mind-boggling.

SteelerFanInStl
03-23-2011, 07:54 PM
1 or 2 trick plays a year isn't enough of a reason for ARE and his 3 yard punt return avg to return. I don't want him taking plays away from Sanders and Brown. He should be gone.

KeiselPower99
03-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Randle El is gonna be on the bubble with Sweed and Battle for the 5th WR spot and thats assuming we dont sign or draft another guy.

steeldevil
03-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah I kinda think Randle El is gonna be gone next year. If Sweed finds his balls and finally decides to play WR for us then El will certainly be gone... I hope thats what happens because Sweed has so much potential to be a good receiver. El has done many good things for us obviously but if Sweed gets it together its a no brainer who you keep. I think so anyway.

SteelerEmpire
03-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I say let ARE, Lefty, Dixon and Batch battle it out for back-up QB... I think ARE has the best TD to passes thrown ratio of any non-QB AND QB in the league...lol.

SteelGhost
03-26-2011, 12:38 AM
If a QB has to go, it's retiring time for Batch, Byron is a little bit better IMHO.

For the other players mentioned in the BR's article, I would like to cut BMac AND Gay instead of Foote, Flo and ARE, despite of the fact they play different positions :noidea:

HometownGal
03-26-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm going to start a "KEEP FLO" campaign! :yay3: :heh: I really like this guy and believe he gave us 150% last season. :applaudit:

I just don't see the Steelers letting Lefty go - that would be just dumb. It's time for Charlie to hang up those cleats and take on another role with the team imho.