PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Batch Bankrupt. May Have To Surrender SB Rings

SteelerEmpire
03-23-2011, 11:31 AM
By Brian Bowling, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Murrysville group can now pocket some of Charlie Batch's personal property, including two Super Bowl rings, to recover the money the Steelers backup quarterback owes the company, according to federal bankruptcy court documents.

LINK: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_728674.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com&utm_medium=referral

tube517
03-23-2011, 11:49 AM
That explains why he is still playing.

Merchant
03-23-2011, 12:18 PM
This actually shocked me... Charlie seems like such an intelligent guy. Figured he woulda been able to manage his finances better.

salamander
03-23-2011, 12:31 PM
What a shame...

Steelerone67
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
He is a nice guy that gives back a TON to the community, looks like he gave a little too much back... Sorry Charlie but hey my Mom loves you and your her favorite so KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Can we start a charity called Save Charlies Rings?

venom
03-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I blame Bush

Chidi29
03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
Isn't his brother part of a drug ring? Maybe Batch had to give a lt of money to him, trying to help him out with all the legal fees.

HometownGal
03-23-2011, 03:01 PM
I blame Bush

I blame the anti-Christ, Bruce Arians. :heh:

That really is pretty shocking to me. :jawdrop2: That explains why he will insist on still playing until he's ready to collect social security. WTH is it with these high priced athletes who have no clue how to manage their finances? :doh:

SteelerEmpire
03-23-2011, 03:10 PM
Batch, 36, of Wexford filed for bankruptcy in December, according to court documents, listing $8.29 million in liabilities and $2.3 million in assets. His real estate company, Batch Development Co. Inc., had 25 properties turned over to a court-appointed receiver after defaulting on a $1.15 million mortgage with Dollar Bank.

Looks like that explains it. He was into real estate. We all know what happened a couple of years ago with that. I'm surprised it (his company) took this long for it to breath it's last breath... I'm willing to bet that 3 or 4 yrs ago he was doing really, really well in it. Wow... bummer...
Just goes to show you, real estate is/can be just about as bad an investment as anything else. So Batch was not the only person in the country to lose in this area. With that being said, I'll bet that he makes some form of comeback in business before too long...

Carolina Steelers
03-23-2011, 03:16 PM
WOW im a little surprised at 1st when i heard this charlie looks like he would have managed his money better, but when i saw real estate was the issue that explains it real estate is so risky dont matter who you are.

HometownGal
03-23-2011, 04:00 PM
WOW im a little surprised at 1st when i heard this charlie looks like he would have managed his money better, but when i saw real estate was the issue that explains it real estate is so risky dont matter who you are.

He should have gotten out a couple of years back when the real estate arena started its slide downhill. Though I don't think much of his QB'ing skills, Charlie has always impressed me as a very bright guy with a good head on his shoulders. Hopefully, he can reorganize and take on another venture in a different venue.

XxKnightxX
03-23-2011, 04:44 PM
He should take some of his paycheck and re invest it back in NYC, Buildings are starting to become dirt cheap again. in NYC terms.

Craic
03-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Hey, if it is real estate... I completely understand. Even Donald Trump had to file bankruptcy because of real estate at one point, if I remember right.

stillers4me
03-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I hate when bad things happen to good people.

Steeldude
03-23-2011, 07:31 PM
This actually shocked me... Charlie seems like such an intelligent guy. Figured he woulda been able to manage his finances better.

he did have a low score on the wonderlic test. looks to me that batch is another dumb pro-athlete who can't manage his huge paychecks. i have no sympathy for him. if i made that kind of money i would be set for life and so would my kids and grand kids.

86WARD
03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
$500.00 for both rings...lol...

BPS3akaWirels3
03-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Remember people that this is his business and not him. 25 properties his company owns.. 3 yrs ago he was probably doing well and then everything took a dump. Can't blame the guy for that. I hope we have a place for him in coaching soon.

JayC
03-23-2011, 09:10 PM

this. i think he would be the last person on the team i'd expect this to happen to.

NCSteeler
03-24-2011, 12:04 AM
Just another dumbass rich player who wants a bigger piece of the pie so he can buy more bling and fancy cars...oh wait we like Charlie....

I can easily see how any real estate company would be taking a dump right now, it used to be a great business and will be again someday. Hope Charlie lands on his feet.