PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Lockout could aid Steelers

stillers4me
03-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Lockout? What lockout? Mike Tomlin's routine as coach of the Steelers hasn't changed much since the Super Bowl, and he's spent little time worrying whether it will.

As a matter of fact, even he believes a long, protracted lockout might give the Steelers a competitive edge, provided the NFL winds up playing football in 2011.

How? He has a veteran team and a veteran coaching staff that played through the Super Bowl on Feb. 6 and would not be doing much anyway right now.

"The better we do at making the irregular regular, I think is going to increase our chances of winning," Tomlin explained. "So you know that's going to be our mentality in Pittsburgh."

While a division rival like Cleveland must contend with a new head coach and staff, and another in Cincinnati where the veteran quarterback has vowed never to play again for the Bengals, the Steelers remain consistent in both personnel and in coaching...................

Read more @
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11081/1133875-100.stm

HometownGal
03-23-2011, 07:32 AM
"The better we do at making the irregular regular, I think is going to increase our chances of winning," Tomlin explained.

The man has the most incredible way with words. :drink:

While I agree that having a veteran core group of guys and coaching staff is a plus in a situation like this, I wish I had his overall confidence.

BnG_Hevn
03-23-2011, 10:53 AM
If you were to be able to measure his "true level of confidence", you'd probably not want it.

He is a word man; he will tell you what you want / expect to hear regardless of what he truly thinks. That is what leaders do, you keep the troops motivated through your own perceived confidence. He does it very well btw.

cold-hard-steel
03-23-2011, 11:10 AM
The man has the most incredible way with words. :drink:

While I agree that having a veteran core group of guys and coaching staff is a plus in a situation like this, I wish I had his overall confidence.

Since when did you ever suffer from a lack of confidence lady? Never get me to believe that crap. LOL