PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin's take

stillers4me
03-23-2011, 05:11 AM
He didn’t prove to be nearly as entertaining as Rex Ryan Tuesday at the media breakfast for NFL coaches.

But Mike Tomlin touched on a number of subjects during the hour that he was available to reports, including new defensive backs coach Carnell Lake, running back Rashard Mendenhall and the 2011 NFL draft.

Here is what the Steelers coach had to say on those and other subjects:

Q: Has Carnell Lake been a quick study?
A: “Very quick. He’s an intelligent guy and of course he’s get a wealth of knowledge and experience in terms of nuances and what makes our thing go. He’s got in-helmet perspective of two positions in the secondary, and the guy’s a competitor, man. He’s got a desire to be great and I think guys that have that as a player usually transition that to the same mentality as a coach.”

Q: What are you looking to get out of the draft?
A: “Just good people that are looking to put their hand in the pile, that none of this is too big for, guys that have characteristics that we covet. Guys that have physical tools but also the spirit that kind of represents what we stand for.”

Q: What positions have stood out as you study this draft?............

Read more @ http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/03/22/tomlins-take-2/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThe PressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

SteelerEmpire
03-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Q: Do you feel like you need a cornerback and offensive line help, which is the general consensus?

A: “I think that some of our potential area of weaknesses are obvious from a depth or quality of depth standpoint. We’ve got several options in addressing those needs and the draft is one of them. We’ll see how it plays out.”

Could the team actually be looking at getting a CB from another team as much as the draft ?

Q: What have you learned from the Super Bowl loss?

A: “If you turn the ball over you decrease your chance of winning if you don’t get any turnovers. It’s pretty obvious. When you’re minus three and you have the ball and an opportunity to win it at the end of the game, you really should consider yourself fortunate – in the big scheme of things.”

Yep. With or without the bad performance of the secondary, I also think we pull it off if not for the turnovers.

Q: What was it like not winning the Super Bowl?

A: “There can only be one (winner) and in 2010 it wasn’t us. I’m four years into this thing now and it’s only been us once. That’s how in Pittsburgh we measure success and it won’t be unchanging, and we’ll roll our sleeves up and go about building it for 2011.”

They can't do that to us ! Time to mobilize for battle !