PDA

View Full Version : Rooney: 'We'll eventually get back to negotiating'

LLT
03-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Rooney: 'We'll eventually get back to negotiating'
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, March 22, 2011

NEW ORLEANS -- On the day the NFL submitted a 57-page legal filing disputing that the players had dissolved their union, Steelers president Art Rooney II said talking rather than litigating will ultimately end the league's first work stoppage since 1987.

"I think we'll eventually get back to negotiating," Rooney said Monday from the NFL owners meetings. "It's hard to predict when at this point, but I don't think there's any real good options other than that for anybody. Eventually both sides have to get back to the bargaining table."

Read more: Rooney: 'We'll eventually get back to negotiating' - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_728505.html#ixzz1HKwRkZqX

Steelerone67
03-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I hope for Americas sake they do.

steeldevil
03-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Eventually is a nice choice of word. It could mean tomorrow or months/years from now. Mr. Rooney is a smart man lol...

But seriously, they better get this figured out by June/July or there will really start to be a lot of panicing people. Myself included.

Steeldude
03-23-2011, 01:10 AM
don't give in to the spoiled players. if you have to go out without the 2001 season then do it. don't give the players anything. if anything shrink their payrolls by 50% or more.