PDA

View Full Version : Free agency/ Nnamdi Asomugha situation?

Iron Steeler
03-17-2011, 08:11 PM
I am creating this thread more to get enlighten rather then to prove a point.

So what I have been told thus far is that all Free Agents are locked out to talk to to teams until this whole mess between the NFLPA & Owners feud is over...

So i was thinking this might help out the Steelers chances of getting Nnamdi Asomugha .

The way I see it is that the Cowboys/ Giants/ Ravens are favorites to land a deal with Nnamdi Asomugha. Now since this mess is going on in the NFL they are not allowed to contact him. SOOO these teams will pretty much be forced to grab CBs in the draft ... They will be in a pressure situation to either take a rookie stud that falls to them in the draft or gamble or wait until the free agency opens again and get in a bidding war.

The most reasonable choice for these teams would be to go with the Stud rookie... There at least guaranteeing themselves to get some value at that position.

So how does that help us...?

It would eliminate competitors to go after Nnamdi Asomugha when free agency opens up. And we could focus on O-line and D-line in the draft.

Let me know what you think... enlighten me too if im wrong

fansince'76
03-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Interesting take, but I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the Steelers signing a big name, big money FA like Aso under any circumstance.

silver & black
03-17-2011, 09:12 PM
From the little info that I can get............. Nnamdi has been offered a 3 year deal that is totally guaranteed. It would make him the highest paid CB in the league and make him the highest paid defensive player in the league, per year, for those 3 years. If this is true, I guess we'll see what Mr. Asomugha is about, won't we?

steelreserve
03-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Why would the Ravens be a favorite to land him? They had cap trouble of their own, to the point where they've had to shed players on their defense for the past couple years. I don't see it happening with them either.