PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Wacks Out On Owners

SteelerEmpire
03-16-2011, 12:55 PM
The hardest hitting man in football isn't letting off on the owners either...

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/nfl/photogallery/clark031511.jpg
Article:

Adrian Peterson had some very harsh words about NFL owners on Tuesday, but Ryan Clark may have done him one better. The Steelers safety (and respected player rep) recently spoke with KDKA-FM.

LINK:
http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/27916579

JonM229
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
That title sounds dirty

Count Steeler
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Sounds like the players are getting some bad advice and I wonder if DeMaurice is behind it all. Smart move DeMaurice, let the hounds loose and let them do the work of the Rat.

Steeldude
03-16-2011, 07:05 PM
"This is modern day slavery, we're nothing but their slaves,"\

clark is a moron. if that's slavery then i want to be a slave.

hey clark, you are an employee who is being paid very, very well. slavery would mean no rights and no salary.

salamander
03-16-2011, 07:34 PM
\

clark is a moron. if that's slavery then i want to be a slave.

hey clark, you are an employee who is being paid very, very well. slavery would mean no rights and no salary.

Exactly. Since when does making millions of dollars count as slavery?

Texasteel
03-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Sorry but I did catch the part that Clark said anything about slavery. He did mention the word robbed a couple of times.

Devilsdancefloor
03-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Peterson is the one who said it is like slavery, Ryan said robbed a few times and THIS isnt gonna win over anyone talking like this bad move by the players IMHO. The owner and players are in it for the money once they both realize this the sooner this thing will get back on track.

tube517
03-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Players talked like this in 82 and 87. It's nothing new. Alot of horse manure if you ask me.

SteelerEmpire
03-17-2011, 12:15 AM
It's all a game of negotiations... the owners and the more business astute players know the ropes of it all... Its gonna come down to who has the most will power to withstand the inevitable loss of income the longest. A lot of these players come form situations before they became pros that the owners couldn't stand a day or two in. So they (the players) are more "use" to being broke. But the owners have much more money to hold out with before they reach a critical point... so it will be longer before they would become broke. This could get "down and dirty" if the two leaders on both sides fail to wake up... Expect that at one time it will look good for the owners, then at another it will look good for the players. It will be up and down like a roller coaster or a sine wave before this is wrapped up. There will be "NO SHORTAGE" of BS ... from both sides...

HometownGal
03-17-2011, 07:08 AM
More incessant whining from a multi-millionnaire. :jerkit: These guys obviously have football smarts but the common sense of brussel sprouts. I've always loved Clark, but after these comments, I don't think I can ever hold the high degree of respect for him that I've had.

Football franchises are businesses and imho - these overpaid schmucks are greedy, ungrateful jackasses who have developed a severely misguided sense of entitlement.

memphissteelergirl
03-17-2011, 09:47 AM
This could get "down and dirty" if the two leaders on both sides fail to wake up... Expect that at one time it will look good for the owners, then at another it will look good for the players. It will be up and down like a roller coaster or a sine wave before this is wrapped up. There will be "NO SHORTAGE" of BS ... from both sides...

Exactly. This war of words started with DeMaurice Smith and Goodeal and his minions. Now unfortunately it's trickled down to the players.