PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fan Blitz or Training Camp

Carolina Steelers
03-13-2011, 10:32 AM
I want to go to Training Camp this yr (if theres a season), but my wife thought the fan blitz was kinda of neat. I mean training camp only thing really can do is watch them practice and maybe get an autograph after practice which i think watching them practice would be cool. But it seems the fan blitz may have a few more activites for my daughter plus indoors and we know there going to have this but training camp not sure if it will start on time. Plus I was told usually veteran Steelers are in attendence and you get autographs from them (is there a fee for this or free) just wondering if anyone ever attend a fan blitz and can give me their experience.

spry
03-13-2011, 11:19 AM
I took my teenage daughters to both Fan Blitz and training camp last year. Fan Blitz was definitely the favorite. Going back this year, 'though we're disappointed that we may not see any current players there. Great to be able to wander the Great Hall, see the locker room and try on equipment, walk on the field and try kicking field goals. Oh, and we got autographs from Moon Mullins and Mike Wagner, two former greats. Autographs are free, but lines were kind of long. Hope this helps.

7willBheaven
03-14-2011, 01:36 PM
I've been to both. The main differences is of course at camp you get to see the players practice and get chances at autographs with more of them. At the Blitz it takes place inside the stadium and usually has a number of former players there for (free) autographs. Both have a lot of similar activities...things for kids and such...putting on Steelers pads/jerseys, kids activities (jumpy thing, and various others)...i think camp even has the FG kicking too. The only reason to go to the Blitz over camp would be if you've never been in the stadium...so you an experience that...you get to go on the actual field for the FG kicking...and the former players (though some lines are quite long). Camp you get to see practice on a beautiful campus, they have a number of kids activities, you can get current players (and coaches) autographs. Camp is free the Blitz is like $10-15 per person (I cant remember if we had to pay to park too or not). I'd personally go to both...but thats just me.

Carolina Steelers
04-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Ill be attending the FanBlitz this yr. Just wondering do they sell game used items or locker name plates there usually lesser known players. Ive attended a couple baseball fan fest and it always seemed they were selling jerseys, pant, bats and other item of players that played like a yr or 2. Just wondering if anyone that attended before notice this.

7willBheaven
04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Ill be attending the FanBlitz this yr. Just wondering do they sell game used items or locker name plates there usually lesser known players. Ive attended a couple baseball fan fest and it always seemed they were selling jerseys, pant, bats and other item of players that played like a yr or 2. Just wondering if anyone that attended before notice this.

Not that I'm aware of. I've never seen anything like this at the few i've attended. They sell merchandise...but nothing like that.