PDA

View Full Version : Grading the Pittsburgh Power Experience

stillers4me
03-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Because it may be the only football we see played in 2011 due to the now ongoing NFL Lockout, I decided to check out the first Pittsburgh Power game on Friday night. Well, because of that, and also because I was curious. I had heard good things about the in-person experience for Arena games in the past and wanted to see it for myself, so I went in with what I thought were reasonable expectations.

I did not come out disappointed.

The Power ended up losing the game to Philadelphia in overtime, 58-52, thanks to an interception return for a touchdown. That after the final 58 seconds of regulation saw one touchdown, two onside kicks, a safety, a goal-line stand and a game-tying 39-yard field goal from former Chicago Bear Paul Edinger as time expired.

Think of this as a cross between football, the WWE and a monster truck rally all played on a surface the size of an NHL rink. It’s complete madness. If you like defense and running the football (and if you’re from Pittsburgh, I’m guessing you do), this is probably not your game.

It’s all offense, all passing, and non-stop scoring. It’s also incredibly fast...............

Read more @ http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/03/grading-pittsburgh-power-experience/

SteelerSal
03-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't know about anyone else but i've been a fan of Arena Football since it first came out in '87. When I lived in florida, I participated in the open tryouts for the Miami Hooters....did not make the team...they were terrible and i'm sure i couldn't of made them worse. :lol:
The Hooters folded and then became the florida bobcats and I had season tickets for the family....loved going and loved the experience of being close to the action, getting to keep the balls if you caught one and after the game, the players stuck around and talked with the kids.
Steve Mcnairs brother Fred qbed for the Bobcats...team eventually moved because south florida is a tough place for a sports event on a friday night.

SteelerSal
03-13-2011, 10:44 AM
I also want to add that back when it started, most of the players played both ways...Iron Man football at it's best.

KeiselPower99
03-13-2011, 03:48 PM
I watched the game on NFL Network it was pretty entertaining. Really wouldve liked to see the Power pull out the win.