PDA

View Full Version : More signs Ben is working to clean up his image.

SteelCityMan786
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/548069/Roethlisberger-s-K-9-charity-donates--4-600-to-Gallitzin.html?nav=742

Gallitzin Borough has been awarded a $4,600 grant for its police K-9 Arko from the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation at The Giving Back Fund.

stillers4me
03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
He has been doing this for years. He gives a grant to a community in every away city we play in every year.

Borski
03-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah I believe he has been doing this since he was a rookie. Nothing new, but props to him for giving so much to charity.

siss
03-11-2011, 04:11 PM
This is nothing new.

Further more its not like Ben doesn't do charity. I know he does a lot of charity. But he doesn't take a camera crew with him every time he does something. Did you know he used to host a charity basketball game in his home town of Findlay Ohio?

If other players do charity its good for them. If Ben does it, he only doing it for his image.

The guy can't win.

BigNastyDefense
03-11-2011, 04:37 PM
This is nothing new.

Further more its not like Ben doesn't do charity. I know he does a lot of charity. But he doesn't take a camera crew with him every time he does something. Did you know he used to host a charity basketball game in his home town of Findlay Ohio?

If other players do charity its good for them. If Ben does it, he only doing it for his image.

The guy can't win.

Exactly. With Ben, it doesn't matter what he does, it's a lose-lose situation. Nobody pays attention that he has been doing the police dog donation thing since his rookie year. Hell, some people think he's getting married just to clean up his image.

SMR
03-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Stupid media!

steelerdude15
03-12-2011, 12:48 AM
It's good to see him doing this, but only if it was in the national media.

HometownGal
03-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Several years ago, our borough's K-9 dog, Ranger, passed away and through Ben's generosity and kindness, we were able to get a new dog (can't remember his name)! :applaudit:

siss
03-12-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't know that I want it in the national media. If it was than no one would bother to see that he has been doing it for a long time. They would say he is only doing it for tax reasons and that's barely a game check oh and he is sucking up to the police so they will look the other way when he commits another crime. and whatever anyone can think of to discredit him.

Craic
03-12-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't know that I want it in the national media. If it was than no one would bother to see that he has been doing it for a long time. They would say he is only doing it for tax reasons and that's barely a game check oh and he is sucking up to the police so they will look the other way when he commits another crime. and whatever anyone can think of to discredit him.

Bingo. I really like the fact that he is just keeping his head down and doing what he needs to do... and continually doing the good things that he used to do.

I guess it's just a part of human nature. But so many people want to paint with a broad brush. Either someone is completely evil and worthless, or they are a saint and never do anything wrong. These are some good things Ben has done for years. His charity work has been pretty solid, but more importantly, pretty under the table-that is, not publicized much. I'm happy to see that part of him hasn't changed, and it speaks even more to the person that he is not trying to get more traction out of it.

BPS3akaWirels3
03-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Not care but keep it up Ben..

tube517
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
He's been doing it way before his troubles and continues to do it. It's unique and it's always a need for the police departments. :applaudit:

Craic
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Of course---

I'm also waiting for some idiot to try and make a big deal about cruelty to animals... making them work as slave labor under "owners" who send them into dangerous situation that the "owners" don't want to go into themselves.

Come on, you all can see that one coming at some point, can't you?

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Just about every NFL QB and high profile player has a charity. This is nothing new. They can use the tax writeoff and improved public image to help them with potential endorsement contracts.

I once heard Warren Moon explain how his agent helped him choose a charity to work with as if it was all part of the deal along with arranging contract, house, car and retirement fund. Good on Ben for doing it, but its just part of NFL life on mondays when there is no practice.