PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Polamalu was hurt for all playoffs

LLT
03-11-2011, 06:24 AM
Steelers' Polamalu was hurt for all playoffs
Friday, March 11, 2011
By Gerry Dulac
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If it looked as though Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu was hurting in the postseason, especially the Super Bowl, it's because he was.

Sources have confirmed to the Post-Gazette that Polamalu was playing with an injured Achilles tendon that robbed him of his trademark burst and explosiveness and was much worse than the Steelers let on. The injury occurred near the end of his 45-yard interception return for a touchdown Dec. 12 against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Despite the injury, Polamalu remained in the game and had a second interception in the fourth quarter to help seal the victory. But he was never the same after that.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11070/1131141-66.stm#ixzz1GIES9ap4

XxKnightxX
03-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Its no surprise to us, or most of the people who watched the games after that pick 6, I dont think I ever Saw him blitz or do any crazy coverage looks after that.

86WARD
03-11-2011, 07:14 AM
lol...no shit. You don't say...

steeldevil
03-11-2011, 07:37 AM
We already knew this.

LLT
03-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Yikes...dont shoot the messenger!!! I just post the stories from the major papers. Now if you will excuse me, I have to post the next story.......Hmmmmm, I think its something about Casey being fat.

Count Steeler
03-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Good thing that paper finally caught up to reality. Anyone who knows football would be able to see that Troy was sub par at the end of the season. Clearly he was hampered by his injury.

tube517
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Or that the offensive struggles are all BA's fault. :chuckle:

Yikes...dont shoot the messenger!!! I just post the stories from the major papers. Now if you will excuse me, I have to post the next story.......Hmmmmm, I think its something about Casey being fat.

Steeldude
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM
to remedy it lebeau played a passive and predictable defense in the SB. just as he admitted to doing when polamalu was out the year before. how well do the steelers perform when they sit back and let teams do what they want? this is why i was upset with this SB loss. if you aren't going to attack because your safety is hobbled then stay home(i don't mean that literally).

if lebeau's defense is totally focused around one player then they seriously need to upgrade players around that one player.

LLT
03-11-2011, 02:39 PM
to remedy it lebeau played a passive and predictable defense in the SB. just as he admitted to doing when polamalu was out the year before. how well do the steelers perform when they sit back and let teams do what they want? this is why i was upset with this SB loss. if you aren't going to attack because your safety is hobbled then stay home(i don't mean that literally).

if lebeau's defense is totally focused around one player then they seriously need to upgrade players around that one player.

But its not just one player. Troy is a safety valve in regards to us not having a starting caliber cornerback on the other side of Ike. Troy's ability to roam around and be anywhere (as far as the opposing QB is concerned) helps to keep QB's from picking us apart on the one side of the field.

Literally...Troys achilles heel, exposes our secondarys achilles heel....which is a #2 CB.

st33lersguy
03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
We all figured he was hurt

HometownGal
03-12-2011, 06:56 AM

:lol: :applaudit: :lol:

It's the offseason and news isn't as plentiful. I appreciate all of the articles posted by our members - keeps the black 'n gold blood pumpin'! :tt03:

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Who wants to read stuff like that? It only makes it look like an excuse. If he was that hurt he shouldn't of been on the field.

Devilsdancefloor
03-13-2011, 10:58 AM
Who wants to read stuff like that? It only makes it look like an excuse. If he was that hurt he shouldn't of been on the field.

i agree plus it wold have been nice if someone else stepped up.

SteelerSal
03-13-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life

i agree plus it wold have been nice if someone else stepped up.

I agree with both of these statements..."sounds like an excuse" was the first thing that popped in my head when I first read the topic title.

BigNastyDefense
03-13-2011, 04:07 PM
No shit, he simply played center field and didn't use his instincts at all after his injury. Anyone watching that knew how Troy Polamalu plays could see that he was very hampered.

polamalubeast
03-14-2011, 08:57 PM
http://cleatsandlapels.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/troy-polamalu.jpg?w=300&h=300