PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Mundy

Psycho Ward 86
03-10-2011, 04:56 PM
He did quite a reasonable job starting for Troy against the Jets and Panthers. He's only 26 years old and been in the league for 2 seasons. Perhaps he snuck up under our noses as a legitimate contributor...Honestly, how many people were thrilled and interested in this pick when we drafted him.

I dont know about you guys but I'm really going to be keeping an eye on this kid...

XxKnightxX
03-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Troy isnt getting any younger and I think the lack of depth from the Zone Blitz defense has been our weakness, We need to start developing more depth. Our Defense is gettin gmore injury prone, Hampton , Keisel, Smith, Troy, McFadden.

Psycho Ward 86
03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
No love for the young up and comer? I guess that's why he's under the radar.

steelerdude15
03-14-2011, 09:42 PM
The Steelers would probably lose him before he would become a full time starter, but he did play good in those two games. Who knows, maybe him and Troy would be a nice safety combo.

Devilsdancefloor
03-14-2011, 11:06 PM
I like him he seems to be coming into his own as a player and you like to see that in a young guy

The Duke
03-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Just like WV predecessor, Mike Logan, he does a nice job at what he does, and that is backup safety

Right now I like him at that spot, but can he be better? Some players bloom late, so you never know....

shutdown
03-15-2011, 12:23 AM
I still think Mundy is a project. He is great in a backup role and fills in when needed. However i've always thought of this as a team with 3 FS and 1 SS. Then again, I might be confused at what a SS might truly be with all the freedom Polamalu gets.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Yeah, strictly a backup and special teamer. Somewhat of a disappointment in his time here. Could find some more depth in the draft or another free agent to improve upon what Mundy gives.