PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers 2011 Free Agents Analysis: Dennis Dixon

stillers4me
03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
It's been a few days since we discussed the potential future of a Steelers player whose contract expired after the 2010 season. Free Agency is officially on hold as of last week while a new Collective Bargaining Agreement is negotiated. So we won't hear any more news on the free agency front until a new CBA is ultimately reached. But that doesn't mean we can't do our best to speculate about what might happen with certain players. So let's do just that with reserve quarterback Dennis Dixon, who the Steelers tendered last week.

2010 salary: $470,000

The back story: 2010 was supposed to be Dennis Dixon's time to shine. With Ben Roethlisberger suspended for the first four games of the year, Dixon hoped to cement his status as a viable starting candidate option in the National Football League. He was ultimately named the starter over veteran Byron Leftwich at the end of last summer's training camp, but a knee injury early in the Steelers' Week 2 game against the Titans derailed his season and any hopes he had of being a starting quarterback somewhere in 2011...............

Read more @ http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/3/9/2040219/pittsburgh-steelers-2011-free-agents-analysis-dennis-dixon-nfl-lockout-cba-negotiations

The Duke
03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
. He was ultimately named the starter over veteran Byron Leftwich at the end of last summer's training camp

:huh:

he was named the starter because byron got injured

I hope he does an amazing job this offseason, but I'm not holding my breath. Think Limas has a better chance of doing something than Dixon

Butch
03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Difference between Dixon and Sweed is at least Dixon came within a whisker of beating the rats in his 1st start Lima's only has the one big block As bad as things may be for Dennis he is better than Limas at this point in their careers

Steeltreal
03-09-2011, 08:21 PM
I hate blown Knees having one myself. Ended Willie Parkers career and limited Dixons.

steelreserve
03-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I hate blown Knees having one myself. Ended Willie Parkers career and limited Dixons.

Willie Parker never had a "blown knee." He had a broken leg and a couple of other nagging injuries, but the real problem was that he sucked anyway and no one wanted him after we finally wised up.