PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dulac's Steelers chat transcript: 3.9.11

stillers4me
03-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Gerry Dulac: All right, I'm ready for another go-round on our weekly chat. Let's start everyone, keeping in mind that I do not intend to stage a lockout!

Nate: Gerry, I couldn't even begin to think what a "fair" offer is for Ike. Could you shed any light please?
Gerry Dulac: Well, it's difficult to put any numbers on it because none have been advanced on the free-agent market because of the problems with the CBA and potential lockout. But one of the reasons the Steelers chose not to use the transition tag on Ike is because they would have had to pay him the average of the top 10 defensive backs from 2010, which would have been like $11 million, in 2011. So that tells you how much they're NOT going to spend.

Nate: Are any Steelers still around the facility working out and/or studying or do they all go back to where their families are until mandotory/involuntary workouts begin.
Gerry Dulac: Well, I will tell you that I just saw James Harrison downstairs in the cafeteria, but obviously he's not working out because he cant. He just had two back surgeries. Because of the Super Bowl, I think it is still too early for a lot of players, especially veterans, to be working out again. Their bodies still need time to recover from a long season.

Hamburger Jones: Gerry, more likely to happen: team resigns M. Moore, drafts/signs a new RB or Isaac Redman actually gets more carries?.............

read more @ http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/chats/gerry-dulac-chat/108562-gerry-dulacs-steelers-chat-transcript-3911