PDA

View Full Version : Ask the Steelers: Byron Leftwich

xX-TSK-Xx
06-14-2010, 04:48 PM
ASK THE STEELERS – BYRON LEFTWICH – PART 1

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

Jeff Brewers asks: What was your first reaction when you found out you were traded to the Steelers?
Byron Leftwich: It was a great reaction. When I was here last time it was the best experience I had being in the NFL. I feel this is the best organization in sports. To have another chance to get an opportunity to play here it’s a great time for me.

Dennis Sullivan in San Diego, California asks: Did you have any say in the trade that brought you back to Pittsburgh?
Byron Leftwich: Any time you get traded you have some type of clue as to what is going on. I didn’t really need a say because what I wanted to say is the same thing they wanted to say, I wanted to be a part of the organization. I wanted to be a part of this team again. To have the opportunity is a blessing. I took it and ran with it.

JJ Myers in Miami, Florida asks: What makes the Steelers organization special?
Byron Leftwich: The way they run things from the top to the bottom. All good organizations have to be run great from the top. That’s what’s going on here. The Rooney family runs it in a great way. It’s starts there and mingles down through the coaching staff, players, the training staff, equipment staff and the office staff. It all starts at the top. When you have the right leadership at the top, showing you the way to do things it’s good to follow and that’s what we are doing.

Steve Burns asks: How much does it help to come to a team you are already familiar with as far as the playbook and your teammates?
Byron Leftwich: This is great. I don’t have to learn a whole new offense. I kind of remember it. It’s different from what I did last year. It’s just getting used to it and that is what I am doing.

S. Everett in Hackensack, New Jersey asks: Was it hard leaving the Steelers after winning a Super Bowl with the team?
Byron Leftwich: Yes, it was very hard, but at the same time you understand in this business sometimes things happen. What is exciting for me is to have the opportunity to come back and play where I won a Super Bowl. That is a beautiful thing.

James Little asks: What type of reaction did you get from your teammates upon returning to the Steelers?
Byron Leftwich: I got about 15 text messages and 10 calls right away. It was exciting to see that the guys were excited I was coming back. I made friends here that I will have for the rest of my life. To have another chance to play with them is good.

Martin Mendez asks: How are you going to deal with such high expectations from Steelers fans everywhere?
Byron Leftwich: As players we have such high expectations for ourselves. I am pretty sure their expectations will be where mine are. When you are here, you are here to do one thing and that is win football games and we will try and do that.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ask-The-Steelers---Leftwich-1/04aa020c-570f-4b33-a813-84992f0ffba9

Hindes204
06-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Great attitude! I always liked Byron, and have faith he can take care of us for a few weeks

SMR
06-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Byron does seem like a humble fella which is what much of the NFL is sorely lacking.

ALLD
06-14-2010, 06:42 PM
He will never have a better career opportunity again.

SMR
06-14-2010, 06:47 PM
He will never have a better career opportunity again.

http://i48.tinypic.com/28gxxls.jpg

steelpride12
06-14-2010, 07:50 PM
Sure looks like Lefty has his head on straight and ready to have a successful 4 games Ben is out. This guy is impressive and is extremely smart!