PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ward will put best foot forward

stillers4me
03-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Lynn Swann performed ballet. Terry Bradshaw acted and produced an album of songs. Now, it's Hines Ward's turn.

At least, the latest Steelers player to go Hollywood will keep it in the ball yard. When we next see Hines Ward perform, he will be ballroom dancing starting March 21 on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."

Playing wide receiver was never this tough, at least not the practice part. Ward went through his sixth five-hour daily practice on his 35th birthday Tuesday near his home in Atlanta with his partner Kym Johnson.

"It's my sixth day now," Ward said by phone before another day of practice. "Five hours a day. Monday through Saturday, off on Sunday. An hour break, maybe. It's very strenuous. I'm doing the best I can and I'm having a blast."

He has discovered new muscles that hurt and something no athlete feels comfortable doing -- standing still.

"I've never done ballroom dancing or stuff like that," said Ward who added he has not done much dancing at all before this.

"I have used muscles I never used. The posturing may give me a problem, staying in one position the whole time. A lot of athletes have a hard time doing nothing, staying in one position."..................

.............."I'm at 200 pounds now. Usually, I report to training camp at 198, 199 -- I'm already at that stage right now."................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11068/1130666-66.stm