PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace and the NFL’s Top Wide Receivers

SteelerEmpire
03-08-2011, 04:07 PM
Article:

ESPN.com is spending the offseason compiling player power rankings and on Tuesday the top wide receivers were examined. Topping the list is Houston’s Andre Johnson (no argument on this end), followed closely by Larry Fitzgerald and Roddy White. No Steelers receiver made the top-10, but Mike Wallace did come in at No. 12, just behind New England’s Wes Welker and just ahead of New York’s Santonio Holmes...

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/03/mike-wallace-nfls-top-wide-receivers/

Psycho Ward 86
03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Sounds about right. Wallace needs to learn how to peel off a good jam and he's fast as hell, but doesnt really seem to be able to utilize much "small space" quickness in the short passing game. Long, long ways to go before he's elite.

NJarhead
03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
I don't see how Dwayne Bowe gets 29 votes and Brandon Marshall only gets 10.

The Duke
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Am I mistaken or was Brandon Lloyd barely even playing for about 4 years before his one great season?

meh, receivers are overRated all the time anyway

As for wallace, I'm glad he's on a great path. Once he can work better on the slants he will be a terror for opposing defenses

Galax Steeler
03-09-2011, 03:56 AM
I think Wallace still has alot of room for improvements and it will come to him more and more.

HometownGal
03-09-2011, 06:38 AM
Wallace is young and has a lot of seasons ahead of him to grow. I'm very pleased with where he is in the here and now and have no doubt he'll crack that Top 10 list (and one day the Top 3) in the next couple of years.

Steelerone67
03-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Mikey Wallz is the best WR in the NFL if Ben could get him the ball with better accuracy Mike is uncoverable. Period.

SteelerFanInStl
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I'll take that ranking for a guy who was a third round pick and has only been a starter one year. Wallace is just going to keep getting better.

Psycho Ward 86
03-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Am I mistaken or was Brandon Lloyd barely even playing for about 4 years before his one great season?

Haha yeah, but remember all of those insane catches he made in San Fran. I guess great potential hibernates on some players.

XxKnightxX
03-09-2011, 06:27 PM

meh, receivers are overRated all the time anyway

As for wallace, I'm glad he's on a great path. Once he can work better on the slants he will be a terror for opposing defenses

Yeah but who was throwing the rock to him? Trent Dilfer, Ken Dorsey, Mark Brunell? The guy is a threat when hes got a good receiver in this case Kyle Orton whos become a good dependable QB, as seen as how Chicago has no luck in developing offensive production. As Far as the list Im happy. If you look at the rest of the receivers on that list those are all around good receivers in all aspects of the game, and those are guys that YOU KNOW are gonna get the ball when it counts. I dont think Mike Wallace is up there yet especially when Hines Ward is still around.