PDA

View Full Version : XLV: A month later.

Edman
03-08-2011, 03:24 PM
The NFL season ended a month and two days ago with our Steelers at the short end on a Super Bowl. How do you feel?

I've long since gotten over the loss after a week. Losing the big one does suck, but for some reason this loss doesn't fall into the realm of the '04 Patriots(After that game I was sick). I certainly aren't in a hurry to watch the game again, but it doesn't really bother me much. Maybe because I tried my damndest to ignore it. It seems to have worked.

tube517
03-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Still sucks. Different feeling from SB XXX as we lost to the Cryboys and that always sucks. Still can't watch replays or interviews with any Packers players though.

HometownGal
03-08-2011, 04:08 PM
I was over the loss by the next day. The way I see it is that our Steelers weren't supposed to even be in the playoffs last season, much less win both the AFC and the Conference championships and be one of the two teams standing in XLV. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Packers, as they played their hearts out as well, but no one will ever change my mind believing that the Steelers lost that game more than the Pack won it. We were 1 costly turnover away from the EZ which I truly believe would have vastly swung the momentum our way and our boyz would have been hoisting that Lombardi instead of the Pack. The one fact that no one can take away from the 2010 Steelers is that this team has character, heart and BALLS. :tt03:

fansince'76
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Like HTG, I was pretty much over it the next day.

SteelerEmpire
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I try to look at the bright side. In the last 6 SB's we've played in HALF of them. And more good news: we have good enough coaching, vet players and young talent to make serious runs for the SB's for several years to come. The "opportunity" is there to make the near future look much better than the recent past.

86WARD
03-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Saw the Super Bowl XLV Packers DVD in Best Buy today...made me sick...

The Duke
03-08-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm still blaming the refs :sarcasm:

funny how I haven't heard any steelers fans complaining about refs yet that's all we get outta nfc west fans

:lol:

yeah, I just ordered it for a friend. Made me sick too, lol. So I ended up buying him a terrible towel with it. Will make me feel a little better when he gets it :tt02:

venom
03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Im still sick-haven't watched a second of the NFL Network since that night.

zulater
03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
I was over it within a day. It was a great season, we came up a little bit short, but we still made it to the Super Bowl!

fansince'76
03-08-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm still blaming the refs :sarcasm:

funny how I haven't heard any steelers fans complaining about refs yet that's all we get outta nfc west fans

Yep. Isn't it funny how we "always pay the refs off to fix games for us," yet we still lost SB XLV? :coffee:

Mamaduck43
03-08-2011, 09:53 PM
I have not watched local news since the game - - I throw out both sports sections of the Green Bay newspaper without reading them (yes, they have a sports section and a Packers section) - - surprised that they are not printed in green ink.... I have been inundated with the ads for the commemorative SB XLV keepsakes... It is disgusting.... My neighbors and friends have been a bit standoffish - - I think that they were expecting me to implode, but only a few blowbags have been mean and nasty.... And they insist on counting ancient history pre-SB championships and say that our six victories are empty.... It is not pleasant...
My most supportive reaction is from my Son in Law who was born and raised a Packer Fan.... He told me that he did not relax until the last 20 seconds of the game.... He was certain that with the way we were playing and the way they were playing that it was our game for sure..... Damn, I wish that were so.....
I never gave up hope, but I felt a large black cloud of defeatism hanging over the team in the two weeks leading up to it.... It was like we were the most hated creatures on the face of the earth and the guys in the green and yellow were direct descendants of the good angels... I am surprised that the media didn't have photos of the Pack players attending church three times a day in the pre-game week.... Sigh....
I felt profoundly sad for the players who for the most part had put their hearts and souls into the process - - it was just a fail on game day....
I will feel much better when we win the damn thing next season....

JayC
03-08-2011, 10:02 PM
i've not watched as much sports as usual outside of pitt basketball and pens hockey. i haven't paid much attention at all to anything related to the nfl though since. i'm not hurting that's for sure like i was when i was little [i cried every year after the season was over, especially super bowl xxx] but it's not a good memory ,just the pain didn't last as long as i expected [a week maybe].

it would still be with me if we lost to the ravens, patriots, cowboys or something. packers don't piss me off as much.

im not sure i'll ever be at peace enough though to watch the game again. i think i might be able to manage watching the first 59 minutes up until fox's penalty. don't think i can see the end.

vader29
03-08-2011, 10:17 PM

I thought I was over it until that DVD showed up on my amazon.com homepage as a recommendation to buy a couple of days ago. :(

steelerdude15
03-08-2011, 11:39 PM
I'm over it, but I have vowed to myself that I will never watch the game again. There were some magical plays in that game, but I'll just replay them in my head.

steeldevil
03-08-2011, 11:50 PM
I kicked the table after the game and couldnt sleep for about 2 hours afterward but I was over it the next day. I dont really even think about it too much now. Ready for next season, hopefully.

kmsteelerwr15
03-09-2011, 12:55 AM
I'm still not over it. I think the reason why it's hard for me to get over quickly is because that could be the last game we see in a while and it sucks that it has to be a Steelers loss. But luckily baseball season is right around the corner to distract me.

stillers4me
03-09-2011, 07:36 AM
I have not watched local news since the game - - I throw out both sports sections of the Green Bay newspaper without reading them (yes, they have a sports section and a Packers section) - - surprised that they are not printed in green ink.... I have been inundated with the ads for the commemorative SB XLV keepsakes... It is disgusting.... My neighbors and friends have been a bit standoffish - - I think that they were expecting me to implode, but only a few blowbags have been mean and nasty.... And they insist on counting ancient history pre-SB championships and say that our six victories are empty.... It is not pleasant...
My most supportive reaction is from my Son in Law who was born and raised a Packer Fan.... He told me that he did not relax until the last 20 seconds of the game.... He was certain that with the way we were playing and the way they were playing that it was our game for sure..... Damn, I wish that were so.....
I never gave up hope, but I felt a large black cloud of defeatism hanging over the team in the two weeks leading up to it.... It was like we were the most hated creatures on the face of the earth and the guys in the green and yellow were direct descendants of the good angels... I am surprised that the media didn't have photos of the Pack players attending church three times a day in the pre-game week.... Sigh....
I felt profoundly sad for the players who for the most part had put their hearts and souls into the process - - it was just a fail on game day....
I will feel much better when we win the damn thing next season....

I really feel for you, Mamaduck. I can't even stomach the thought of living here in Cinci if the Bengals ever win the superbowl.

Thank God it will never happen. :chuckle:

NCSteeler
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM
I was over it after about two days, but in the following weeks, I have gained a total dislike for the Packers. I watch a lot of NFL network and other sports TV and I am just sick of the Fing packers. They are so perfect, they are gonna repeat, their team is just so full of totally awesome great individuals blah blah blah. My wish for the upcoming season is to see them lose many many freaking games, to see in fighting bickering and holier than thou attitude destroy their team from within.

Other than that I'm good. I really wish they were on our schedule this year so Silver Back could pay 100,000 to knock that littel shit out cold.

SteelerFanInStl
03-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I was over it the next day. Like I and many others here said at the time, you just can't turn the ball over that many times and expect to win the Super Bowl. I actually like the Packers so that probably makes it easier to accept them winning.

I've been in draft mode for a while and now I'm just looking forward to it.

SteelGhost
03-09-2011, 09:25 PM
I was over it by the next couple days, by now I'm more concerned for the CBA and our free agents :noidea:

steelreserve
03-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I still get pissed off every time something reminds me of it, but mostly because I've hated the Packers for years and I hate seeing them win. The us-losing part I stopped caring about after a few days.

XxKnightxX
03-10-2011, 05:08 PM
I deleted of the DVR, I wont watch it

zulater
03-10-2011, 09:56 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/NBCSports/Components/Slideshows-NBC_sports/_production/ss-110106-SB/ss-110206-SB-31.ss_full.jpg

It wasn't all bad, I have no trouble watching the highlights from it.

zulater
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/NBCSports/Components/Slideshows-NBC_sports/_production/ss-110106-SB/ss-110206-SB-46.ss_full.jpg

polamalubeast
03-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Its been a huge disappointment after defeat since losing the Super Bowl is a horrible feeling, but I am recovered from this defeat two days after that game.

The Steelers had an incredible season ... Polamalu won the defensive player of the year, Mike Wallace had 1250 yards although he was not Roethlisberger in the first 4 games, Mendenhall is a really good RB and Mike Tomlin prove it really is an excellent coach, as he led his team to the Super Bowl after having had a disastrous off-season.

It was only the Falcons in 2007 they had a worse off-season that the Steelers in 2010.

And in addition, two victories against the Ravens were just incredible!

Since 2004, the club is amazing!

In 2004, the Steelers finished the season 15-1

The team is 77-39 since 2004.

They are 10-3 in playoff.

4 conference finals.

3 participations in the super bowl.

2 wins in the super bowl.

AMAZING!