PDA

View Full Version : Despite The Risks, Levon Kirkland Would Do It All Again

stillers4me
03-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Former Pittsburgh Steeler Levon Kirkland joined Seibel, Starkey and Miller to talk about the physical toll he put on his body during his playing days.

Despite the risks and injuries he suffered in his career, Kirkland admits he would do it all again because of the experience he had, in addition to the life it has provided him.

Kirkland said all former players are concerned about the toll they put on their body, especially seeing what has happened to former players around them......

Listen here @ http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/03/04/despite-the-risks-levon-kirkland-would-do-it-all-again/

HometownGal
03-07-2011, 07:10 AM
I'm sure most NFL players would agree with Levon and do it all again. They know the risks involved and are rewarded handsomely and most are set for life (if they're smart with their windfalls) taking those risks. I think it's the same with anyone who has a job which involves dangerous physical risks. Hell - I worked for lawyers for 25+ years and deserve combat pay and a Purple Heart. :heh: ;)

SteelerSal
03-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm sure most NFL players would agree with Levon and do it all again. They know the risks involved and are rewarded handsomely and most are set for life (if they're smart with their windfalls) taking those risks. I think it's the same with anyone who has a job which involves dangerous physical risks.

I agree..this was the point I was trying to get across in Zu's topic about extending the games to 18.