PDA

View Full Version : As I watch..

SteelerSal
03-06-2011, 03:36 PM
The 2005 America's Game, it was showing highlights of Bettis running and some of the footage was with the team wearing the older jerseys with the block numbers...man I wish they would go back to those jerseys.

SteelerSal
03-06-2011, 03:41 PM
This http://www.nflfansjersey.com/PicImages/Jerome%20Bettis%20Jerseys/Mitchell%20and%20Ness%20Pittsburgh%20Steelers%2036 %20Jerome%20Bettis%20Black%20ALL%20Stitched%20NFL% 20Jersey.jpg instead of http://www.9goods.com/images/200906/1246094402615342092/Jerome-Bettis-NFL-football-Jerseys-Steelers-black-36-Jerseys.jpg

stillers4me
03-06-2011, 03:52 PM
A block letter jersey post. It's officially the offseason. :thumbsup:

:heh:

SteelerSal
03-06-2011, 03:53 PM
A block letter jersey post. It's officially the offseason. :thumbsup:

:heh:

:lol: yes it is...

vader29
03-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I wish they would go back to the old style jerseys also. I have a Chad Brown #94 replica jersey that is the old block style, have been thinking about converting it to an Antonio Brown #84 jersey.

HometownGal
03-06-2011, 05:00 PM
I love the old style jerseys and I'm with all of you on wishing they'd go back to them. The newer style looks a little too "dainty". :heh: Oh wait - that's right, silly me - the NFL is now the National Female League. :lol:

Count Steeler
03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
I too prefer the older style numbers. Just imagine if those Nike uniforms come into actuality. Blah!

steelreserve
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I don't know why they got rid of the old numbers in the first place. There was nothing wrong with them.

I think it goes without saying that the new Nike uniforms would be a disaster if they ever saw the light of day. I mean, they have a codpiece, for crying out loud. Of course, that DOES fit nicely with the new image Goodell is trying to project - namely, a gay football league.

steelerdude15
03-06-2011, 11:33 PM
I don't know why they got rid of the old numbers in the first place. There was nothing wrong with them.

I think it goes without saying that the new Nike uniforms would be a disaster if they ever saw the light of day. I mean, they have a codpiece, for crying out loud. Of course, that DOES fit nicely with the new image Goodell is trying to project - namely, a gay football league.
They changed the numbers on the jerseys to match the numbers on the helmets. The Nike jerseys that are on the web are not the real jerseys. They are only photoshopped. The teams have the final say on the jerseys, not the company who makes them.

Borski
03-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I too prefer the older style numbers. Just imagine if those Nike uniforms come into actuality. Blah!

The "Nike concepts" are just fan photoshops, if Nike got the new jersey deal the would look almost exactly the same as they do now, only with a Nike logo instead of a Reebok logo. personally I'd prefer Adidas...just cuz I like the brand :)

tube517
03-07-2011, 09:29 AM
The "Nike concepts" are just fan photoshops, if Nike got the new jersey deal the would look almost exactly the same as they do now, only with a Nike logo instead of a Reebok logo. personally I'd prefer Adidas...just cuz I like the brand :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_63w9728YzZ8/Sna65IStT_I/AAAAAAAACxM/fJUsEjJAPjs/s400/rundmcparis.jpg