PDA

View Full Version : Ike had no intention of reaching a deal before CBA expired

stillers4me
03-05-2011, 09:34 AM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/taylor-had-no-intention-to-reach-deal-with-steelers-before-cba-deadline/35800/

SteelerFanInStl
03-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I hate to read stuff like that. According to that article, Ike will be testing the waters and looking for the big money. Let's hope that he's willing to take a bit less and stay with the Steelers. With still needing to pay Woodley and sign Colon, I don't know how much we've got available for Ike and we NEED him. In fact, I'd say that we need him more than Woodley and definitely more than Colon.

BlastFurnace
03-05-2011, 11:04 AM
If they lose Ike, the starting CB's are McFadden and Gay. If that was a law firm, that would be Toast & Toast.

Godfather
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Ugh...this is a classic case of an aging player getting what will probably be his last contract. That means a lot of teams will overpay and we won't.

Trouble is we're so thin at that position that we might need to match a stupid offer from Oakland or Washington.

SteelerFanInStl
03-05-2011, 01:00 PM
If they lose Ike, the starting CB's are McFadden and Gay. If that was a law firm, that would be Toast & Toast.

I don't even want to think about that possibility!

Count Steeler
03-05-2011, 01:11 PM
The standard is the standard. Lewis and Butler have to step up, or we better have a damn good draft.

7willBheaven
03-05-2011, 01:41 PM
I love these speculation articles...I do not believe any of them unless it comes from the player/team themselves. Especially in this day and age where anyone can make crap up and post it as fact. Though i will say i do not have a problem with any player "testing" free agency...to see what his worth might be...sometimes it works in the Steelers favor...sometimes it doesnt...but just because a guy will be able to test the market...doesnt mean he's gone or anything either. I believe when its all said and done Ike will still be a Steeler.

Bluecoat96
03-05-2011, 02:06 PM
I love these speculation articles...I do not believe any of them unless it comes from the player/team themselves. Especially in this day and age where anyone can make crap up and post it as fact. Though i will say i do not have a problem with any player "testing" free agency...to see what his worth might be...sometimes it works in the Steelers favor...sometimes it doesnt...but just because a guy will be able to test the market...doesnt mean he's gone or anything either. I believe when its all said and done Ike will still be a Steeler.

What?!?!?! You mean this ISN'T stone cold fact!?!?!?!:sarcasm:

solardave
03-05-2011, 02:36 PM
The standard is the standard. Lewis and Butler have to step up, or we better have a damn good draft.

We'll have a damn good draft. I say Peterson slides to #31 and we grab him. Oh wait a minute. I forgot this is the real world!! Or we could go get Namdi. Oh wait a minute"""""

X-Terminator
03-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Insidepittsburghsports.com is NOT a reliable source. This guy is wrong 95% of the time. Unless you hear it directly from Ike or the Steelers, take anything he says for a grain of salt.

7willBheaven
03-05-2011, 09:56 PM
What?!?!?! You mean this ISN'T stone cold fact!?!?!?!:sarcasm:

I know...O M G...haha

steelreserve
03-06-2011, 02:13 AM
OK ... so basically if we believe this article, his agent wants $6M a year over four years, and doesn't realize the last two years are fake no matter which team it's with. It would be no problem for us to re-sign him to that deal.

If he turns out to want $10M, then we're still better off saying what the hell and going after Nnamdi. I don't know why this would worry anyone.

Aussie_steeler
03-06-2011, 02:44 AM
OK ... so basically if we believe this article, his agent wants $6M a year over four years, and doesn't realize the last two years are fake no matter which team it's with. It would be no problem for us to re-sign him to that deal.

If he turns out to want $10M, then we're still better off saying what the hell and going after Nnamdi. I don't know why this would worry anyone.

At the end of the day an experienced #1 CB is going to cost big money.

If Ike cant be resigned, due to being outbid, then I agree that Ashomuga would be an investment worth pursuing

43Hitman
03-06-2011, 05:35 AM
At the end of the day an experienced #1 CB is going to cost big money.

If Ike cant be resigned, due to being outbid, then I agree that Ashomuga would be an investment worth pursuing

I was going to say the same thing. Regardless, the Steelers are going to have to drop some coin to keep Ike or replace him. It might as well be on Ashomuga, he has a proven track record both on and off the field.

Galax Steeler
03-06-2011, 07:13 AM
I hope we can resign Ike but if we can't then oh well we can look somewhere else.

BigNastyDefense
03-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I think in the end, Ike will work FA to get the best possible deal that he can out of the Steelers.

steelreserve
03-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Also, unless we were planning on looking elsewhere, I really have no idea why we didn't use the tranny tag on this guy.