PDA

View Full Version : More Willie Colon, Flozell Adams and Right Tackle News

stillers4me
03-04-2011, 05:45 AM
The NFL and the Players Association are still fighting over which side gets the largest chunk of a pie filled with billions of dollars, and it’s just about ready to
bring the NFL offseason to a complete stop. That said, there’s still some news trickling out of the madness, and a bit more on the Steelers right tackle situation.

Willie Colon’s future with the team has been a topic of discussion over the past week, with mixed messages about whether or not he’ll return. Basically, it comes down to he won’t be back. Unless he is. And that’s where we stand.

On Tuesday, NFL Network’s Jason La Confora tweeted that the Steelers placed a first-round restricted free agent tender (http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/42651656495710208) on Colon. That, of course, is pretty important news, but could also be completely worthless in the long run depending on what sort of free agency rules come with a new CBA. As La Confora points out it’s possible that under the new rules (whatever they may be and whenever they’re finally put into place) Colon could be an unrestricted free agent, free to sign with the highest bidder.

In semi-related news, ESPN’s Adam Schefter mentioned this morning in a Tweet that Colon’s injury replacement in 2010, Flozell Adams, could be on the cut list this week (http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/42587166890663936). When the Steelers signed Adams prior to this season my expectations were somewhere between this is going to be a disaster, and at least a false start won’t result in the quarterback getting blown up................

Read more @
http://www.steelerslounge.com/2011/03/willie-colon-flozell-adams-tackle-news/

86WARD
03-04-2011, 07:20 AM
I keep hearing reports that the Steelers want to keep Adams...

HometownGal
03-04-2011, 07:25 AM

That's the word around the Burgh. :noidea:

SteelerEmpire
03-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I think Adams "wants" to play... but it seems like it would be premature if the team cut "anybody" before the cba negotiations are done.

NJarhead
03-04-2011, 10:31 AM

Ditto. Scheffter is this media phenom that everyone makes him out to be.

tube517
03-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Ditto. Scheffter is this media phenom that everyone makes him out to be.

Schefter's been shaky lately on his tweets. He blew the DPOY call last month. I guess working at BSPN does that to you.

7willBheaven
03-04-2011, 11:20 AM

Like HTG said from everything shes heard (and I've heard) they do...however i dont think they want to have him $5 mil this upcoming season. They want him for less than that.

Galax Steeler
03-05-2011, 04:51 AM
I would love to see Adams hang around another year.

HometownGal
03-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Like HTG said from everything shes heard (and I've heard) they do...however i dont think they want to have him $5 mil this upcoming season. They want him for less than that.

From all I've heard, Flo really wants to stay a Steeler so maybe he'll re-work his contract to make that happen. :noidea: Personally, I'd love to have him stay. :thumbsup: