PDA

View Full Version : Walterfootball.com's various mocks

7willBheaven
03-03-2011, 02:00 PM
I know there is a similar thread on this...but i figured this would be the best way to keep track of all of his mocks. These are Walt's mocks:

2-16-11:

1st - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
2nd - Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
3rd - Nate Irving, ILB, N.C. State
4th - James Brewer, OT, Indiana
5th - Chris Carter, DE/OLB, Fresno State

2-23-11:

1st - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State
2nd - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
3rd - Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
4th - Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford
5th - Jah Reid, OT/G, Central Florida

3-2-11:

1st - Benjamin Ijalana, OT/G, Villanova
3rd - Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
4th - Richard Sherman, CB/FS, Stanford
5th - Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia
6th - Alex Henery, K/P, Nebraska

I still like the one dated 2-23-11, just add Henery as the 6th round pick and i think that would be a solid draft.

Steelerone67
03-03-2011, 02:04 PM
very nice... If we get one servicable CB and OT ill be happy.

7willBheaven
03-03-2011, 02:05 PM
This is Greg Cox's (from walterfootball.com also) mock...unfortunately this is the only one of his i have:

2-28-11:

1st - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
2nd - Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
3rd - Shareece Wright, CB, USC

First 2 picks are not bad...I'd rather have a CB in there...the CB he did pick i dont know much about right now.

Finally this is Matt McGuire's (walterfootball.com) mock:

1-8-11 (he's a little behind apparently, and has Pittsburgh picking 30th..but i figured I'd still post it):

1st - Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
2nd - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia

I say no comment on this one of his...as its soo old/etc.

Steelerone67
03-03-2011, 02:17 PM
i heard there is more of a chance that the world will end then us getting Castonzo, Pouncey, Smith or any other sexy OL men with the first pick.

7willBheaven
03-03-2011, 02:48 PM
i heard there is more of a chance that the world will end then us getting Castonzo, Pouncey, Smith or any other sexy OL men with the first pick.

There is a chance it could happen, except maybe Smith

Steelerone67
03-03-2011, 03:05 PM

Looks good to me. And he got bigger??!!?!

oneforthetoe
03-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I like the Cannon kid. I am wondering if the success the Steelers had this season running behind Flo might convince them that having a massive right tackled that can plow defensive players under is worth it even if that might open up the right side to speed rushers. Of course, not every big player can block like the House.

Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss is also an interesting pick. I keep hearing about all the teams switching to the 3-4, which would lead me to believe these type players are going to go quickly. I actually think this might be a bit of an exaggeration. Still, he seems like a nice candidate if he lasts.

7willBheaven
03-09-2011, 04:58 PM
3-9-11 (this one has his worst 1st round pick yet)

1st - Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
4th - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
5th - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

I only like the 2nd/3rd and 6th in this one.

Psycho Ward 86
03-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Goodness, if we get a good CB/OL/NT with our first round pick and Ras-I-Dowling in the 2nd....hell, that right there could make an awesome draft.

7willBheaven
03-15-2011, 01:26 PM
3-15-11 - Looks like he didnt change any picks for the Steelers from his last mock.

1st - Martez Wilson, ILB, Illinois
4th - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
5th - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

Texasteel
03-15-2011, 02:10 PM
I do enjoy Walterfootball but only for entertainment. I have never thought a great deal of their rankings or their mocks, and I have been reading them for about 5 years.

7willBheaven
04-03-2011, 02:13 AM
I totally missed Walts 3-22 mock...i'm trying to see if its still somewhere on his site, but I doubt it.

3-29-11

1st: Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
2nd: Orlando Franklin, G, Miami
3rd: Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
4th: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
5th: Chimdi Chekwa, CB, Ohio State
6th: Alex Henery, K/P, Nebraska

I could definitely live with this

-------------------

Greg Cox's 3-31-11 mock (from walt's site)

1st: Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
2nd: James Carpenter, OG/T, Alabama
3rd: Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississippi
4th: Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami

LLT
04-03-2011, 08:04 AM
3-29-11

-------------------

Greg Cox's 3-31-11 mock (from walt's site)

Those are not bad drafts at all. Dont know if I like the Marcus Gilbert pick...but otherwise...very solid.

The Duke
04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
I totally missed Walts 3-22 mock...i'm trying to see if its still somewhere on his site, but I doubt it.

3-29-11

I'd be amazed if Chekwa lasts till the 3rd, let alone 5th. I don't like him that much, but guy's an athlete and can definitely make plays in the secondary

Al Davis already has his eye on him

but I do love the idea of Henery in the 6th, considering a lot of picks in those rounds are wasted, at least try to get a kicker out of it

7willBheaven
04-06-2011, 01:15 AM
4-5-11

2nd: Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
3rd: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
5th: Chykie Brown, CB, Texas

I definitely like the 1-2 combo better on this one. Though I do not like not taking the NT in 3-4...but i could live with this of course.

Texasteel
04-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Don't really mind this one much, but I just have a feeling Gilbert will end up inside, might rather have Barksdale or Brewer. I would rather go with FS Chris Prosinski than a second CB. I'm becoming a fan of Prosinski. If we feel Williams will be a FS then we need to look CB earlier that the 5th round. Maybe Curtis Marsh in the 3rd?

LLT
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
4-5-11

I definitely like the 1-2 combo better on this one. Though I do not like not taking the NT in 3-4...but i could live with this of course.

Thats not too bad...though I dont think that Cannon will be there at the end of round 2...and dont think that Henery is there at the end of round 6.

I would think that a more realistic draft , in which we took the BPA, would be....

1) CB Aaron Williams, Texas
2) OG Will Rackley, Lehigh
3) OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
4) DE Lawrence Guy, Arizona State
5) CB Justin Rogers, Richmond
6) FS Chris Prosinski, Wyoming
7) TE Lee Smith, Marshall

I would look for UDFA's like:

K Josh Jasper, LSU
NT Anthony Gray, Southern Mississippi
WR Andre Holmes, Hillsdale
LB Bruce Miller, UCF
OT Rob McGill, Louisiana Tech
OG Pat Illig, Wofford
DE Lucas Patterson, Texas A&M
CB Josh Gatlin, North Dakota State

Texasteel
04-06-2011, 09:25 AM
1) CB Aaron Williams, Texas
2) OG Will Rackley, Lehigh
3) OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida
4) FS Chris Culliver, South Carolina
5) CB Justin Rogers, Richmond
6) DE David Carter, UCLA
7) TE Lee Smith, Marshall

I could live with this, but still have a few questions about Gilbert at OT, but I've been wrong before.

steeldevil
04-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Why do so many think Gilbert will move inside? Quickness? Can't move feet?

LLT
04-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Don't really mind this one much, but I just have a feeling Gilbert will end up inside, might rather have Barksdale or Brewer. I would rather go with FS Chris Prosinski than a second CB. I'm becoming a fan of Prosinski. If we feel Williams will be a FS then we need to look CB earlier that the 5th round. Maybe Curtis Marsh in the 3rd?

Great points on the CB's....I think that we will pick up as many as three defensive backs in this draft.

LLT
04-06-2011, 09:35 AM

Gilbert played on the right side most of his college career...but keep in mind that until this last year that WAS the blind side of the Florida offense. He tends to lunge after DE's and LBers...and will need coached up on controlling his body and not leaning into blocks.

Personally I think he can be used inside and could play RT. Much like Marcus Cannon, he could be a stop-gap LT if needed in an emergency. maybe in a few years he could be a usable LT but it will take some work.

Texasteel
04-06-2011, 10:40 AM

I'll start with two points. When I watched Florida play, Gilbert was not my main focus, and even tho I love the big uglies, I am not the best judge of O-linemen.

LLT stated my main concurs, plus he just didn't seem too quick off the line. I thought he had a bit of a sluggish first step and could get caught out of position. LLT also made a very good point about Gilbert playing the blind side. I'm not saying he can't play OT, I just have a few concurs, and I think he could do better on the inside. This is just my opinion and certainly not fact.

st33lersguy
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
4-5-11

Where is the NT in this draft?

LLT
04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Where is the NT in this draft?

The Steelers are going to take the BPA...I think that all the NT's that fit our system wont fall to us unless we reach...which we wont.

That is why I have NT Anthony Gray of Southern Mississippi as a priority UDFA

03/22/2011 - NFL Draft Scout Riser: Anthony Gray, DT, Southern Mississippi: Gray measured in at only 5-11, but he moved his 330 pounds well enough (5.15 40, 31.5-inch vertical, 4.61 short shuttle) and put up 39 reps at his pro day, really intriguing teams that are looking for a plugger in the middle. -
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1125802

Another prospect that we could look at as a UDFA is NT Adrian Taylor of Oklahoma

Aussie_steeler
04-07-2011, 03:35 AM
The Steelers are going to take the BPA...I think that all the NT's that fit our system wont fall to us unless we reach...which we wont.

havent been game to post this for the last two weeks .............but here goes.

A first round player that might drop in the first round is Corey Luiget. At 6'2 / 6'3 300 - 310 depending on sources he sounds like a player that could be a 4-3 DT / 3-4 DE and I have even seen 3-4 NT.

He has played NT in the 3-4 and has been linked to 3-4 teams like Houston that run a specific type of NT. ( not sure if he is a big enough body to fit the steeler profile, but He lost 30lbs this season to improve his speed and agility.)

My question LLT ( and others) ........is Luiget a " Ziggy Hood" type pick??? A guy that can possibly adapt to any system and almost any position, a player who could possibly be a 3-4 DE backup initially but who could also slide over to NT in 2-3 years with a bit of strength conditioning and time at the buffet with Casey.

I personally think he is a steeler in the making and he could well slide come draft day because of his versatility ( if that makes sense). He isnt a 6'5 monster who is a stand out 3-4 DE. He isnt a Nick Fairley, Daquan Bowers or Marcel Dareus . He isnt a Phil Taylor, JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Mohammed Wilkerson, Cameron Heyward. I think he could get forgotten in the DE / DT rush and slide past a few teams.

Dont be frightened to tell me if you think I am nuts.

86WARD
04-07-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm currently in one on another site representing the Steelers and with the first two picks I've selected Brandon Harris, CB and Curtis Brown, CB. I'm looking to address the O and D Lines next, otherwise I'll be selecting the best available player. I'm happy with the first two selections. I almost walked out of the first two rounds with Harris and Williams which would've been ridiculous!!

Texasteel
04-07-2011, 07:53 AM
I still think that as a CB I like Brown a little better than Williams.

86WARD
04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I like Brown as a pure corner. If I knew I had a realistic shot at all 3 (Harris, Williams, Brown) I would've taken Willimas first to ride the bench a year or rotate in at safety and Brown to start across from Ike. I'd still dig Harris and Brown though. Harris has great skills...he's just lacking in the height department...

LLT
04-08-2011, 08:21 AM
havent been game to post this for the last two weeks .............but here goes.

A first round player that might drop in the first round is Corey Luiget. At 6'2 / 6'3 300 - 310 depending on sources he sounds like a player that could be a 4-3 DT / 3-4 DE and I have even seen 3-4 NT.

He has played NT in the 3-4 and has been linked to 3-4 teams like Houston that run a specific type of NT. ( not sure if he is a big enough body to fit the steeler profile, but He lost 30lbs this season to improve his speed and agility.)

My question LLT ( and others) ........is Luiget a " Ziggy Hood" type pick??? A guy that can possibly adapt to any system and almost any position, a player who could possibly be a 3-4 DE backup initially but who could also slide over to NT in 2-3 years with a bit of strength conditioning and time at the buffet with Casey.

I personally think he is a steeler in the making and he could well slide come draft day because of his versatility ( if that makes sense). He isnt a 6'5 monster who is a stand out 3-4 DE. He isnt a Nick Fairley, Daquan Bowers or Marcel Dareus . He isnt a Phil Taylor, JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Mohammed Wilkerson, Cameron Heyward. I think he could get forgotten in the DE / DT rush and slide past a few teams.

Dont be frightened to tell me if you think I am nuts.

I think that Luiget is going to be a great player, but that 4-3 DT fits his skill set more than any other position. I got to watch Illinois virtually every week (I live about 30-40 minutes from Champaign, Illinois)...and think that he is more of a slasher than a bullrusher. He just doesnt seem to have the solid core and the "girth" to demand two blockers. There is however a very real chance that we might see Phil Taylor still on the board at #31.

Putting him at DE isnt out of the question...but then I would try and compare him to other 3-4 DE's who might still be on the board at the end of the 1st.

LLT
04-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I like Brown as a pure corner. If I knew I had a realistic shot at all 3 (Harris, Williams, Brown) I would've taken Willimas first to ride the bench a year or rotate in at safety and Brown to start across from Ike. I'd still dig Harris and Brown though. Harris has great skills...he's just lacking in the height department...

I dont think that Brown will be ready to start as a rookie...He has GREAT instincts but will need to make the most of an NFL strengthening program. WAAAAAYYYY to thin and weak to handle NFL recievers at this point. (Only had 10 reps on the benchpress at the combine)

I still like Williams...and think that he is a legit CB with the ability to play FS. I do however agree that we need two CB's...thats why I am praying that Justin Rogers falls to us later in the draft. He is a lot like Brown in that he has a thin frame and will need to bulk up...but would be a great developmental player who could play nickel early on in his career.

7willBheaven
04-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Cox's 4-4-11

5th: Stephen Schilling, G, Michigan

-------------------------------------

Walt's 4-14-11

3rd: Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
4th: Jah Reid, OT, UCF
5th: Nate Irving, ILB, NC State

Both these mocks arent bad. Not sure if I'd like Harris over Williams or not. But other than that pretty much same positions, different players.

steelerfan
04-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Here is the latest version of Walterfootball.com mock draft. And I have to probably say that IF the draft went like this for us through the first 6 rounds ( No 7th round yet )..I gotta think
LLT and alot of people here would be happy :drink: :yay3: :clap2:

Especially IF we can get the guy the Jets take right before us in round 3. Bit even with that, not a bad scenario.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011.php

Enjoy.

LLT
04-16-2011, 02:03 PM
I love the first two picks (Williams and Cannon) but the third pick of NT Sione Fua makes me scratch my head since they still have Powe on the board.

7willBheaven
04-16-2011, 03:26 PM
I love the first two picks (Williams and Cannon) but the third pick of NT Sione Fua makes me scratch my head since they still have Powe on the board.

Thats one thing I've noticed...some favor Powe (like Cox) and some Fua (like Walt)...I'm not sure who would be better at this point hahah...I think Powe may have the better size if i remember correctly but Fua has played NT...so who knows. I'd just like Casey's successor this year.

7willBheaven
04-16-2011, 11:14 PM
Here's Cox's latest mock from 4-15-11

1st: Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
2nd: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
3rd: Buster Skrine, CB, UT-Chattanooga
4th: Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
5th: Chris Culliver, CB/S, South Carolina

This is the first mock I've seen where someone has us taking Culliver. Not sure about the first round pick either...not that he's a bad player I just dunno. And no NT? Another ILB? Eh...dont like it that much.

steelerfan
04-16-2011, 11:21 PM
Here's Cox's latest mock from 4-15-11

2nd: Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
3rd: Buster Skrine, CB, UT-Chattanooga
4th: Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
5th: Chris Culliver, CB/S, South Carolina

This is the first mock I've seen where someone has us taking Culliver. Not sure about the first round pick either...not that he's a bad player I just dunno. And no NT? Another ILB? Eh...dont like it that much.

The thing about him is that he is more of a Ziggy Hood type, but with no 3-4 experience. I just don't see him ever being a 3-4 NT either.

st33lersguy
04-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Walt's 4-14-11

3rd: Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
4th: Jah Reid, OT, UCF
5th: Nate Irving, ILB, NC State

Both these mocks arent bad. Not sure if I'd like Harris over Williams or not. But other than that pretty much same positions, different players.

I saw Aaron Williams on game changers and I was impressed with him. He has great hands, great ball skills and he can cover. If he is available at pick 31 the steelers should definitely consider him

7willBheaven
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Walt - 4-18 (he's now doing 2 updates per week)

1st - Aaron Williams, CB/FS, Texas
2nd - James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
3rd - Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami
4th - Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
5th - Zach Hurd, G, Connecticut

Again...not too bad not too many changes...just McCarthy and Fua swapping rounds, a different OL picked in the 2nd...and this is the first time Hurd has been mocked to the Steelers.

7willBheaven
04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Walt - 4-19

7th - Devon Torrence, CB, Ohio State

Nothing has changed since the last one...just added round 7.

86WARD
04-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I like that one a lot...

7willBheaven
04-25-2011, 07:36 PM
Walt - 4-25

2nd - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida

Only his 2nd round pick has changed. The one thing I dont like. In the 3rd round...Kendrick Ellis was available and he had them take an LB. Powe was still there when he had them take Fua. When he wrote about Ellis he said that he wanted to put him higher in the draft but he didnt know where he fit? WTF? Put him for Pitt in the 3rd and put some LB in the 4th (since hes dead set on an LB).

Cox's 4-24

1st - Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State
3rd - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
4th - Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
5th - Julius Thomas, TE, Portland State
6th - Jarriel King, OT/G, South Carolina

This is an interesting group of players...first time i've seen some of these guys mocked to the Steelers let alone in one mock. While I would like a NT or a higher CB...i wouldnt complain about this draft. Especially if they can get a kicker in the 7th or UDFA.

7willBheaven
04-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Walt - 4-27

He went back to Carpenter in the 2nd. Also with recent news...Houston/Ballard dropped to the 3rd and Cannon to the 5th.

Cox's 4-26

1st - Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State
3rd - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah State
4th - Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
5th - Julius Thomas, TE, Portland State
6th - Jarriel King, OT/G, South Carolina
7th - Chas Henry, P, Florida

He added the 7th round...and it was a Henry...but not Henery...he has the Steelers taking a punter...the first time i've ever seen anyone mock them a punter (i know Henery is a K/P, but still)

7willBheaven
04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Walt's Re-Mock of the 2-3rd rounds...

2nd - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas (had to change since Carpenter went in the 1st shockingly)
3rd - Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami (still do not like this pick...should be OL or even S...hell he had Taiwan Jones go with the very next pick...I'd be happier with him than an LB)