PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ward to put moves on display for new audience

stillers4me
03-02-2011, 05:47 AM
Hines Ward might be counting on Steelers Nation to propel the Super Bowl XL Most Valuable Player to win ABC’s Dancing With The Stars, the popular, viewer-driven ballroom dance reality show.

What Ward shouldn’t count on are his teammates’ votes.

"He is probably the worst dancer on the show," linebacker James Farrior cracked. "I give him two weeks because of his popularity. I wish him all the best. That is all he has — personality. That is the only chance he has. Be nice and give them the old Hines Ward smile."

That smile attracted the attention of Dancing With The Stars senior producer and head of casting Deena Katz, who believes the Steelers’ career receiving leader could win the Mirror Ball Trophy as DWTS champion.

"I see Hines going real far," Katz said. "That smile alone could get him to the finals."
Katz initially was reluctant to cast another NFL player among the celebrities, but changed her tune once she learned that the four-time Pro Bowl pick was a "huge fan" of the show and willing to be a celebrity contestant.

"Once I met him, there's not a chance in the world you can’t have Hines on the show," Katz said. "He is so charming. That smile he has can light up a room. There's a twinkle in his eyes. That smile, even when he's standing on the sidelines, he's the one guy you want to embrace. I have a feeling he is going to be that one crossover star with men and women. I was hoping they would win the Super Bowl, but that didn’t make a difference."........................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_725311.html