PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed

polamalubeast
03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Do you think Limas Sweed will play another game with the steelers in his career?
:chuckle:

SteelerSal
03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
preseason maybe...be nice if he got it together and pushed Randle El out.

Count Steeler
03-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Too bad to. Could have been a good physical WR, however, he has hands of stone. Hope he has an amazing TC, but I can't see him playing on the offense. Special teams maybe.

Sal, I doubt Sweed can fair catch.

Merchant
03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
It's amazing how much discussion has focused on a player who's never started a game for us, let alone caught a meaningful pass.

steeldevil
03-01-2011, 06:47 PM
He will be given one more shot this year in TC and if he cant get it done he is gone. IMO

Devilsdancefloor
03-01-2011, 07:01 PM
It's amazing how much discussion has focused on a player who's never started a game for us, let alone caught a meaningful pass.

i think most of us see his potential plus remember that block on corey ivy, but i agree he needs to have a amazing TC and preseason to even make it onto the roster

Psycho Ward 86
03-01-2011, 07:05 PM
My heart says yes, my head says no. Ward, Wallace, Brown, and Sanders are the locks. Most receivers we'll probably have are 6, and it would make total sense for the other 2 slots to be filled up by Battle and ARE (both have 2 years left on 3 year deals). However, it's not totally out of this universe that there would be 7 wideouts on the team, teams have done it before, but that many receivers on a team would be out of this world. Sweed still has a good chance to sneak into that very last #6 wide receiver spot. Some guys are just late bloomers. Maybe not everyone remembers, but the articles coming out of OTA's were very very positive reports on Sweed and everything was looking up for the guy until he got hurt again. This is the last straw, but maybe this is the year he'll pull through. I say 3rd time's a charm (he's only actually played 2 seasons because of the achilles) but just BARELY.

The Duke
03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I want him to push El out of the roster. If he can't do that then buh bye

Sweed/Grisham/Lyons/El. I'm pulling for Sweed since he was our 2nd round pick

86WARD
03-01-2011, 08:24 PM
He'll be on the roster for one more year as an injured player...

steelreserve
03-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Better him than Battle.

tube517
03-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Who?

Galax Steeler
03-02-2011, 03:05 AM
I have to say no with the receivers we have.

JayC
03-02-2011, 07:47 AM
i hope he gets one more chance. another injury or more butterfingers on every play and i'm done with him.

GodfatherofSoul
03-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Before he got hurt, it really sounded like he'd gotten his head together. I'd like to see him get another shot.

SCSTILLER
03-02-2011, 11:11 AM
i think most of us see his potential plus remember that block on corey ivy, but i agree he needs to have a amazing TC and preseason to even make it onto the roster

I forgot about that hit. The play I remember most is when he dropped that TD pass along the sidelines against the Ravens? Ball, meet hands; hands, drop ball

vader29
03-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I think this season will be his last chance to make it with the Steelers. I hope he can turn things around because he would be a huge asset for them.

SteelGhost
03-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Nope,IMHO he can have a shot in TC but he won't make it.

kmsteelerwr15
03-02-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think he will but I hope I am wrong

Butch
03-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Just a little FYI I was wrong on Flozel, and in the past I was wrong on Jerome being to old to be effective.

And just for the record I was right about James Harrison.

If he does make it...I don't know how long it will be before I won't be holding my breath at any pass thrown his way.

Craic
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
If Sweed has been busting his rear-end to get into shape and play this year. If he has been working tremendously on his catching skills, I think he take the 5th or 6th position. Probably him and ARE.

I am excited about him coming into camp and giving it a shot. If he DID step up his game, what a dynamic pass offense we'd have. Here's hoping you do something wonderful in TC camp kid-and here's your ticket to the Arena league if you don't. IMO, this is your last chance to impress, period.

Merchant
03-02-2011, 05:06 PM
How come Sweed wasn't in the team photo even though he was at Media Day when the photo was taken, is what I wanna know.

NJarhead
03-02-2011, 05:28 PM
Voted yes, but only because it could mean one catch in one game out of 16.

Steeldude
03-03-2011, 02:30 AM
i want to see if grisham gets a better look. ward has lost a few steps and his health hasn't been the greatest.

ward
wallace
sanders
brown
sweed or grisham

all of the WRs, except ward, need to improve in various areas. IMO, the main area of improvement would be their routes. wallace, for example, displayed some lazy routes at times.

Dino 6 Rings
03-03-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't think he will, but it would be nice if he actually could have an entire season to play and not be a total bust.

He's got the size and speed, just not the health or apparently, mental fortitude.

not a hater, just disappointed in his transition to big boy ball.

Butch
03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
i want to see if grisham gets a better look. ward has lost a few steps and his health hasn't been the greatest.

ward
wallace
sanders
brown
sweed or grisham

all of the WRs, except ward, need to improve in various areas. IMO, the main area of improvement would be their routes. wallace, for example, displayed some lazy routes at times.

Ward's gonna be just fine trust me on this.

He never really had much of a step to lose that's not his thing. What Hines does more than anything is play with guts at a position where most are primadonnas. Whoever heard of a WR that can hit like a LB???

With the game on the line he is my go to man every time because he's gonna get open and you know damn well he's gonna catch the ball and take the hit or make the hit and he'll come up smilin no matter which way it goes. You can't teach toughness.