PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ward joins 'Dancing With The Stars'

stillers4me
03-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Hines Ward has relied on sure hands to become the Steelers' career receiving leader. Now, the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XL will show off fancy footwork on ABC's "Dancing With The Stars."

Ward, who turns 35 on March 8, found ballroom dancing a diversion in the likelihood of an NFL lockout. Ward was announced Monday night as one of 11 contestants on Season 12 of the popular reality show, which premieres March 21.

Ward is the fourth NFL wide receiver to appear on the reality show, following Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Michael Irvin and Cincinnati Bengals star Chad Ochocinco. Ward joins Ochocinco and New York Jets defensive end Jason Taylor, a former Woodland Hills High School star who was released by the Jets yesterday, as the only active NFL players to be "Dancing With The Stars" contestants.

TMZ.com reported that Ward's dance partner will be Kym Johnson.............

Read more @
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_725184.html

HometownGal
03-01-2011, 06:06 AM
WOO HOO!!! :applaudit: I think Hines will do well on the show and he has an excellent partner in Kym Johnson! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
03-01-2011, 06:40 AM
Here's a pic of Hines' dancing partner. She's not only extremely talented, she's gorgeous.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.stylelist.com/media/2010/12/kym-johnson-dancing-with-the-stars240.jpg

venom
03-01-2011, 07:27 AM
Lynn Swann eat your heart out ! lol

SteelerSal
03-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Beh!! I wont watch it...hate todays tv shows. All a joke.

Is it football season yet??

HometownGal
03-01-2011, 08:05 AM
I really enjoy the show and particularly, the NFL contestants. Emmit Smith was great and won the trophy a few years back and most of the guys have made it to the Top 5. I particularly enjoyed Warren Fat Ass Sapp and Kurt Warner - both did a fantastic job movin' and groovin' like that considering how big they both are. I even enjoyed StinkoCrotcho and actually found him charming. :horror: :heh: Hines is smaller than those guys, can work magic with those feet and should do very well. :thumbsup:

Hindes204
03-01-2011, 08:15 AM
My wife watches this damn show every year.....guess I cant avoid it any longer

Mamaduck43
03-01-2011, 10:05 AM
I have my Terrible Towel ready to wave, and my fingers are flexed for speedy phone voting... This is great news - - I think he will do well - - I was hoping that Cheryl would be his partner - she does so well with the NFL guys, but Kym is fantastic, too.....
Emmett Smith and Jason Taylor have been my favorite NFL'ers on the show so far and I even sorta 'liked' Ochostinko a little bit better during his season..... The athletes that have been on the show all talk about how it helped them stay / get into shape..... I just hope that Hines' knees can handle the stress.... Can't wait to see that Million dollar smile, as well.... Go, Hines....

PalmerSteel
03-01-2011, 10:30 AM
i can already see it now in wallace's big contract in a couple years. "clause: you are not allowed to perform on dancing with the stars while under contract with us" :)

vasteeler
03-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Beh!! I wont watch it...hate todays tv shows. All a joke.

Is it football season yet??

agreed, todays tv pales in comparison to what we had when i was a kid

Butch
03-01-2011, 11:38 AM
agreed, todays tv pales in comparison to what we had when i was a kid

Yep all 6 channels, Black and White of course!!! Remember quite a few times dad hitting the T.V. to improve the reception too.

Ah yes the good ole days!!! LOL I remember them well

Of course back then you never got to watch T.V. because your parents wanted you to play outside...specially when Dad wanted to watch Watergate or some other news. Sheesh!!!

SteelerSal
03-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Yep all 6 channels, Black and White of course!!! Remember quite a few times dad hitting the T.V. to improve the reception too.

Ah yes the good ole days!!! LOL I remember them well

Of course back then you never got to watch T.V. because your parents wanted you to play outside...specially when Dad wanted to watch Watergate or some other news. Sheesh!!!

:lol: Just got a few childhood flashbacks. Good, I mean, great times!

Butch
03-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Sorry guys but if it's Hines I gotta watch.

Who's next James Harrison??? Hell if he is all he has to do is put on his game face and chase the other contestants off the stage...he'll win by default!!!

Merchant
03-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Here's a pic of Hines' dancing partner. She's not only extremely talented, she's gorgeous.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.stylelist.com/media/2010/12/kym-johnson-dancing-with-the-stars240.jpg

Mrs. Ward can't be too happy about this.

steelpride12
03-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Well never did like the show, but hey with Hines in it why not Ill give it a watch. Pretty sweet to see him on the show though for sure!

Count Steeler
03-01-2011, 02:22 PM
Damn. Now I may have to watch it just to see Hines. Maybe I'll PVR it and just fast forward it to Hines.

Psycho Ward 86
03-01-2011, 05:08 PM

I don't think Momma Ward is either :chuckle:

I'll be watching the show just to see Hines' partner!
:jawdrop2::lust:

stillers4me
03-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Is there a Mrs. Ward?? He has a son, but I didn't think he was married.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-01-2011, 06:22 PM

I would have to say ....ahhhhh no. LOL

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-01-2011, 06:26 PM
yes and it appears they knew each other when they were teenagers. She's pretty.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2788

Simone Ward is the wife of Pittsburgh Steeler star receiver Hines Ward. The two met when they were both teenagers growing up in the Atlanta, Georgia area.

Godfather
03-01-2011, 07:37 PM
Dangit Hines...now I have to watch. I never watched reality TV before, except one episode of American Idol so I could get the number to vote for Sanjaya.

fansince'76
03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
yes and it appears they knew each other when they were teenagers. She's pretty.

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=2788

Simone Ward is the wife of Pittsburgh Steeler star receiver Hines Ward. The two met when they were both teenagers growing up in the Atlanta, Georgia area.

Never knew Hines was married. Pretty cool that he's able to keep his private life so....private. :thumbsup:

86WARD
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
To put it in Charlie Sheen's words: "WINNING!"

stillers4me
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Dangit Hines...now I have to watch. I never watched reality TV before, except one episode of American Idol so I could get the number to vote for Sanjaya.

:toofunny:

stillers4me
03-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Never knew Hines was married. Pretty cool that he's able to keep his private life so....private. :thumbsup:

Wow. I'm floored. He always talks about his son but I've never, ever read anything thing about a wife.

No wonder he denied going to the strip club. :chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
03-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm not into watching that kind of thing & don't want to sit out the whole show to wait for him to come on so I'll keep tabs on it with clips or something maybe but all in all it doesn't interest me much.

86WARD
03-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Seriously you guys didn't know he was married?

http://www.playerwives.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/chosun.jpg

It's rumored that they were seperated in 2008...

JayC
03-02-2011, 07:48 AM
my mom loves that show. now im going to have to watch it too

HometownGal
03-02-2011, 08:14 AM
The former Steeler I would really love to see in DWTS is Terry Bradshaw! He may have two left feet, but the entertainment value would be priceless! :lol:

st33lersguy
03-02-2011, 08:20 AM
As long as it is not Big Snack, it might work out

HometownGal
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
As long as it is not Big Snack, it might work out

Actually, you'd be shocked at what the "big guys" can do on that dance floor. Blubber Boy Warren Sapp could really shake 'em down - he was a pleasure to watch out there and very funny. :thumbsup:

dgg777
03-02-2011, 07:34 PM
hey hines............i will be rooting for you every week..........make us proud..........bring home that mirror ball trophy!!!!

86WARD
03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd love to see Casey Hampton or Willie Gay do it...

stillers4me
03-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Rashard would be great, but I would love to see Lamarr Woodley on it. He's got such a low, sexy voice ....I bet he could really make some moves!

kittenfantastico76
03-07-2011, 12:06 PM
I have never watched Dancing with the Stars, frankly I never cared for their loose interpretation of the word "STAR" but seeing Hines on it would be awesome. I will watch to see how he does. Looks like he pulled a great partner for the show!

vader29
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
The former Steeler I would really love to see in DWTS is Terry Bradshaw! He may have two left feet, but the entertainment value would be priceless! :lol:

As long as he doesn't get too excited and pass gas like he did on the live Survivor show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHMEElf4EO4

HometownGal
03-07-2011, 01:46 PM
As long as he doesn't get too excited and pass gas like he did on the live Survivor show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHMEElf4EO4

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:

I think James Harrison would be a great contestant, too. There's something incredibly alluring and sexy about him. I'd love to see him partnered with Cheryl Burke. :thumbsup:

Hines and Kym will be really cute together!

The WH
03-07-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't know why you bother...by the end of the season they will change the name of the show to Dancing With JERICHOOOO