PDA

View Full Version : Kendric Burney CB UNC

Carolina Steelers
02-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Just wondering what you guys think about him in general not pertaing to the Steelers. He went to school (Southwest Onslow) in jacksonville, NC same school my son attends. I see him play back in the day when he was in high school. IMO he's to small to be an every down type CB maybe nickle or dime. I think the big physical WR will eat him alive. Maybe ST as a returner he did this in high school and while @ UNC when they needed a big play. He does have a nose for the ball and does tackle. Maybe a 3rd to 5th Rd pick?

Aussie_steeler
02-27-2011, 12:33 AM
A smart, savvy defender who exhibits good overall fluidity and a real feel in zone coverage. Does a nice job of baiting quarterbacks, reading his pass keys and quickly clicking and closing on the football

Also, possesses some power and willingness as a tackler. Isn't afraid to throw his body around and come up and hit someone both in run and pass support.

Impression: He does have some holes in his game, but because of his natural athleticism, ball skills and savvy, he's a very good zone and off player who can find the football on plays in front of him. Looks like a potential starter if given a chance to play in a predominantly zone scheme.

After reading this scouting report from Wes Bunting it sounds like this kid could attract an initial look from the steelers during the evaluation process.
The above three quotes read a little like a prototypical steelers CB.

To be honest I have never read anything about this kid. Looks like he may well be a special teams demon who could earn his way onto the field as a nickelback.
I might consider him for a 5th round prospect in my mocks. THANKS

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/scouting_department.html

EDIT: Just saw his height. Lets see what it really is at the combine. He may be a little vertically challenged to be a # 1 or 2 CB

LLT
02-27-2011, 03:07 AM
I would also add that he appears to be a high character kid. Understands that he is representing the school/team and everything he does is judged in light of the uniform that he is wearing.